Notices

Eliminator Daytona 24

Old 09-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the input...i'm waffling back and forth now...it's just so nice and different looking...don't think he's gonna take less than 20k.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

You can't find eliminators like this even for 20k. The only thing you could possibly find for cheaper is a 22, but that is a totally different boat.

Anything for sale is worth what someone is going to pay. Because of comments just like these, I don'town a 20' Cig. I couldn't touch a bare hull for what I could have paid for a fully working big block model only a couple years ago. I thought it was a good price until I got a 80 million comments like the ones above.

Look at the boat, do research, be prepared to spend some dough on the engine if it blows, etc. But pull the trigger if YOU think it's a fair deal. Give a big to those who doesn't agree with your decision.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

I agree 700 hours is a lot for a 502. Figure a rebuild in the near future. 24' eliminator cat that is clean for 20k seems good to me. I just sold a 1991 25 Warlock cat for 25k and had guys fighting for it. Could have sold it 10 times over.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

My bother-in-law just paid 23k for a 88 23' Daytona that was very clean.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
You can't find eliminators like this even for 20k. The only thing you could possibly find for cheaper is a 22, but that is a totally different boat.

Anything for sale is worth what someone is going to pay. Because of comments just like these, I don'town a 20' Cig. I couldn't touch a bare hull for what I could have paid for a fully working big block model only a couple years ago. I thought it was a good price until I got a 80 million comments like the ones above.

Look at the boat, do research, be prepared to spend some dough on the engine if it blows, etc. But pull the trigger if YOU think it's a fair deal. Give a big to those who doesn't agree with your decision.
The guy asked for an opinion.......which may be helpfull in his decision..........not a if u think its worth 20 then buy it, which is not very helpfull. No need to bash just for giving an opinion when somebody asks.

Different boats for different folks. The problem with impulse buying is that if you plan to sell the boat in the near future (say 5 years) you may lose your azz, or you may lose your azz in the first year just on repairs (rebuild).
Old 09-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
I agree 700 hours is a lot for a 502. Figure a rebuild in the near future. 24' eliminator cat that is clean for 20k seems good to me. I just sold a 1991 25 Warlock cat for 25k and had guys fighting for it. Could have sold it 10 times over.
What kind of engine & outdrive did it have? How many hours were on the engine? How fast did it go? Did it have a new trailer? What year did you sell it?

Not really a fair comparison without all the facts.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
The guy asked for an opinion.......which may be helpfull in his decision..........not a if u think its worth 20 then buy it, which is not very helpfull. No need to bash just for giving an opinion when somebody asks.

Different boats for different folks. The problem with impulse buying is that if you plan to sell the boat in the near future (say 5 years) you may lose your azz, or you may lose your azz in the first year just on repairs (rebuild).
I didn't mention you in any way in my post. I have no idea why you feel offended by it.

I posted my opinion and experience regarding deals like this and posts like this. It's not meant to hurt anyone's feelings.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Better check for insurance on it first. That may end up being a big factor in the cost.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Better check for insurance on it first. That may end up being a big factor in the cost.
$593/yr is what I got quoted...is that high?
Old 09-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater

I think Vette's advice was one of the better pieces on this thread. And I didn't see where he bashed anyone or anything. I agree it's worth what someone is willing to pay.

700 hour is getting up there but if it was taken care of it may go for another 700. People put too much emphasis on year and hours. I've see 4 year old boats the looked like chit and the owner never changed the oil. Loose screws, gimbal ring shot(cause he never tightened it), gouges in the boat, etc, etc. Yes it is a factor but it's not the be all end all. I'd rather have a boat that was taken care of and a few years older.

Bottom line have it checked out and if it's mechanically sound and as clean as you say it could be worth $20k.

Quick Reply: Eliminator Daytona 24

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.