Notices

Insurance Information

Old 09-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance Information

This thread may get moved ,but I wanted more to see it in this section. I am not going to name names, but I will say it HAS NOTHING to do with anyone on offshore or any perfromance boat, but recently a large dollar boat sank off the coast of florida and after some investigation on behalf of the insurance company I have heard that the claim was denied due to the fact that the previous boats owned section of the application could not be verified through title documents. Meaning the guy may have been partners in a boat or 2 ,but if the name was not on the title, the insurance company is sinking it's teeth into that.

I happen to have a been a partner in a boat a few years back, and it was in my cousins name, I never named it as a boat owned on my application ( I actually forgot about that one) but did not want anyone to have a claim be denied like this guy because of the application.

Be careful....