Got a letter from the county today...

Notices

Got a letter from the county today...

Old 09-22-2007, 04:26 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Yeah Bri- you're lucky they don't get you for the "running a mechanic business in your garage" thing!

And what your daddy don't know is that I was the one who called about the POS in his driveway...it made me want a faster boat and I was jealous. Plus it made me spill my lemonade in my lap when you idiots fired those motors.
Mike you crack me up.

bouyhunter, I would have to screw with them for a while. Put some flower pots on the front and ask them WHAT BOAT.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:34 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Our HOA kept *****ing about my neighbors 40 ft American Eagle RV in the back and is work truck/trailer in the back yard. It escalated to where I was hearing "third party" complaints about my 3 year old boat in the back yard. Finally he went to the HOA meeting. They also started *****ing because he had just bought a golf cart to take to NASCAR races. Turns out we can leave these things on the street indefinitly in this neighborhood.....he also informed them he was getting a helicopter and the owner of the field behind us was going to let him keep it right there.....haven't heard a word in 3-4 years since.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same chit happens up north, unfortunately. My best friend lives on 86 acres in a rural upscale part of town. He built a 60 x 60 building that was completel sided to match the main house, cobble pavers, the whole 9 yards. To make a long story short, a jealous neighbor complained and brought him in to the town zoning board.

He publicly brought it to everybody's attention that his property (which is manicured like a golf course) was still zoned as farm land, and he would order 200 head of cattle, along with roosters, goats, pigs, whatever else they could find and start running a farm. Especially when he explained that the tax advantages of owning a working farm would out weigh the inconveinence of farming. He also added that he would use the 10 acres closest to his neighbors house for the farming.

They quickly dropped all the comlaints, and don't bother him anymore.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:07 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Here is my solution.......There is a 10+ acre field behind my property. The guy that owns it is real cool and told me to just park the boat in his field. The property line is 5 ft past a small drainage ditch (see pic). I put up a "portable garage" last year that is 7 ft past the ditch (completely on the field owners property). Now the HOA can't say chit and I have the boat right behind the house too!!
Attached Thumbnails Got a letter from the county today...-dscf0036-medium-.jpg  
Old 09-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You cant be nice in WA. We have settler type laws designed to populate the West. People up the street had a vacant property that they seldom used if ever. The farmer next door to the lot however used it everyday. After 7 years he took it over as his.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:06 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Russ keeps his boat in a tent!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 06:58 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by R Addiction
Russ keeps his boat in a tent!!!
Your just jealous......you keep your bedroom in a tent!!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your boat actually looks good in the driveway. I would talk to Mr. Code Enforcement and also point out your neighbors that are in violation.
Hot Tub in the driveway, Fridge on front porch, etc.
I can't imagine anyone being upset, they must be total losers.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:25 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
Your just jealous......you keep your bedroom in a tent!!!!
Its a big phuckin tent though, I have a king size bed and a master bath, and it has cable and a ceiling fan.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by davere
Your boat actually looks good in the driveway. I would talk to Mr. Code Enforcement and also point out your neighbors that are in violation.
Hot Tub in the driveway, Fridge on front porch, etc.
I can't imagine anyone being upset, they must be total losers.
Thanks.
I guess when the guy up the street talked to the code enforcement guy, he complained about the house on the corner with the hot tub in the driveway. Code guy says it's not in violation of any code

Boat will be going in the backyard this afternoon.

Quick Reply: Got a letter from the county today...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.