Notices

6 Missing S FL boaters

Old 09-25-2007, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

An awful story for sure. Just saw an update on the news up here in the Boston area. They are speculating that they might have been gay and looking to start a new life in Cuba. What the ???
Old 09-26-2007, 08:36 AM
DJD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The latest:
Here is a video of them bringing the two guys in. It's very sad for me to see the 47' Buddy David being brought in without her Captain.
Those MOTHER F*CKERS. I am so damn angry & sad thinking about the last minutes.
It makes me think of all the people who I have chatted with when they walk up & start asking me about my Bertram when we are in FL.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...a_tab01.layout

Miami Herald:
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/brea...y/249200.html/
Old 09-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It just gets more and more bizarre.

Originally Posted by St. Pete Times
The FBI in Miami has questioned Archer and Zarabozo, but officials so far have been tight-lipped about the case. They towed the Joe Cool to shore and were examining it for clues.

Archer's former wife told the Miami Herald that Archer met Zarabozo, then a boy, at Guantanamo Naval Base where Archer was stationed as a military police investigator in the mid 1990s. Zarabozo's family had apparently tried to leave Cuba by raft and was intercepted at sea and taken to the base, where Archer took an interest in the boy, then 6 or 7 years old.

"I think he picked up that boy, and they decided to head to Cuba to start a new life," said Michelle Rowe, Archer's former wife.

Rowe divorced Archer in 2005 and Arkansas court records show that their divorce was bitter. She alleged that they moved to Arkansas in December 2003 because Archer was AWOL from the Army, something he later confirmed in his testimony. The AWOL matter was resolved, and he was discharged from the military.

Rowe also testified that Archer was gay and that one of his relationships was with a boy who was still in high school. Archer said in testimony that he was not gay.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Registered

Does the United States still use the death penalty in cases of piracy on US flaged vesels??????
Old 09-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

This story makes me sick also. Is there any way that Satellite images would be available?

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 09-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Registered

Very sad strory, I hope they are found soon! They say that this Zarabozo is from Hialiah, Fl. That is where our stolen 35Donzi was recovered last month. It was stopped on a traffic stop by a Border Patrol. They had our stolen Donzi sitting on a different stolen trailer pulled by a stolen F350. The guys driving were foriengn, They got arrested that night, Later they were released because they claimed they had been paid 500.00 the move the boat and didn't know anything about it being stolen. I couln't f-ing beleive it. It gives them them the green light to do it again. It will be interesting to hear what kind of BS story these two f-ers that were found in Joe Cool's life boat have to say. They all need to be fried at once Now, not only boats are coming misssing but good people too. We just keep paying for it emotionally and financially. I wish the best to the familys that are missing there loved ones.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Registered

Very said. Lets hope for a mericle.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
Does the United States still use the death penalty in cases of piracy on US flaged vesels??????
It does'nt matter... Miami is not part of the U.S. anymore
Old 09-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Registered

Just saw on CNN that at least 3 people were shot dead and thrown overboard
Old 09-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Bullsht, I say. What a coincidence??....it just so happens that the crew was killed but the two passangers were let go???

Something's not adding up. Sounds like these two deadbeats had too much time in the liferaft to concoct this little story.

MIAMI -- One of the men found adrift at sea said in an affidavit Wednesday that the boat he was aboard was hijacked and that the assailants who took over the boat shot the four crew members.

Guillermo Zarabozo, 19, told the Coast Guard during interviews that "unknown subjects hijacked the vessel at sea," then asked him to dump the bodies overboard.

Zarabozo and Kirby Archer are being held after being discovered adrift when family members of the chartered crew of the Joe Cool

reported them missing Sunday.

The Joe Cool was discovered near the Cay Sal banks, some 100 miles south of its destination in the Bahamas early Sunday evening. On Monday, the two men were found about 12 miles from that site on the vessel's life raft.

Zarabozo told the Coast Guard the two men were headed to Bimini on the Joe Cool and halfway to Bimini the boat was hijacked. "Upon boarding, the hijackers immediately shot and killed the captain. The hijackers then shot the captain's wife because she was hysterical."

Zarabozo claims that one hijacker told a crew member to "throw the bodies over board." That crew member refused and the hijackers shot him.

The hijackers then directed the last crew to throw the bodies overboard; however he was shot when he refused. According to Zarabozo, the hijackers directed him to throw the bodies overboard and he complied.

Law enforcement aboard the Coast Guard cutter pointed out the Joe Cool and asked Zarabozo if he recognized it. "Zarabozo responded that he did not recognize it" and that he was not on the vessel. The Coast Guard had discovered his identification aboard the vessel.

During Archer's interview, the complaint only says that he knew he had a warrant issued for his arrest, so he wasn't able to fly to Bimini.

Archer is wanted in Arkansas on charges of stealing more than $92,000 from the Wal-Mart where he worked until he disappeared last January. His picture on a flier from the Independence County (Ark.) Sheriff's Department was discovered by the boat captain's uncle, Jeff Branam, who entered Archer's name on Internet search engine Google.

In addition to Zarabozo's Florida idenfitication, the complaint reveals that the search of the boat also unearthed, six marijuana cigarettes, a laptop computer, luggage, clothing, cameras and a cell phone. A handcuff key was also found in the vessels bow. The complaint also states that a substance on the stern of the boat appeared to be blood.

They will both be back in court Friday at 10 a.m.

The course of incidents began Friday night when Archer and Zarabozo approached the crew of the sportfisher Joe Cool at slip D-30 to hire a ride to Bimini, where they said they were to meet their girlfriends. They agreed to pay $4,000 for the trip.

When the charter did not return by its noon Sunday deadline, the family became concerned.

Two cutters and two aircraft continue to search for the four crew members still missing. The missing crew are Capt. Jake Branam, his wife, Kelly, crew member and half brother Scott Campbell and Capt. Samuel Kairy.

Quick Reply: 6 Missing S FL boaters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.