Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   kiss your kids everytime you see them (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/169830-kiss-your-kids-everytime-you-see-them.html)

Skeed UP 09-27-2007 10:00 PM

kiss your kids everytime you see them

About a month or so ago I posted to you guys that jessica and I were going to have a baby. Man yall sent some great photos of all you kids riding in the boats. We sat and starred at them and my tough guys BS faded away as I just smiled at the screen.]

Well things took a U turn yesterday and it has been very hard for me. We went for our first ultrasound to see if we were going to have a boy or girl...

I have been an EMT for six years now and have seen terrible things, but I have always known what steps to take to give it my best to save my patients life.

As we watched the screen zoom in we could clearly see a tiny baby with no heart beat. The doctor said it looked to be a week since the baby had passed away.

I have never felt so helpless in my life. I some how fell I know so many of you guys even though I have only a few of you. Sorry to be going on and on but I am having to be the one stays strong one around the house. Thanks for being there for me to talk to. You guys are like family.

Mike Jones

Brandon 09-27-2007 10:07 PM

Man, I am so sorry to hear that. Keep being strong through this, your wife needs it right now. Once again, so sorry to hear about this.
Brandon

MOBILEMERCMAN 09-27-2007 10:08 PM

Mike , Sorry for your loss. Go give Jessica a big hug. I hope good fortune finds you in the near future.
God Bless,
Jim

t500hps 09-27-2007 10:11 PM

OMG!! I am so sorry to hear that. I have no idea what to say but will keep the 2 of you in my thoughts.

Ted G 09-27-2007 10:11 PM

So sorry to hear this, our thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife, and your little one that is now in a better place. Stay strong, keep your love and your relationship strong, and try again as soon as you're both ready. Modern medicine can work wonders and it may just be a small change or a supplement that will allow you two to have a happy, healthy baby.

Chart 09-27-2007 10:32 PM

Very very sorry for your loss. While your feelings can only be fully understood by someone who's lost a child, my heart breaks for you. Parents aren't supposed to lose children.

fatdaddy 09-27-2007 10:43 PM

I am very sorry for your loss. I have 3 little guys and they mean the world to me. Stay strong and positive.

SteveDavid 09-27-2007 10:44 PM

Mike, although we've never met, I think a loss such as yours rings a universal chord in all hearts. Our prayers are with you and Jessica.

jafo 09-27-2007 10:56 PM

It breaks my heart to read things like this- I'm so sorry for your loss! We have gone through this twice since having our first (she is now 2 1/2), and are still hopeful that we can have another. My wife's doctor went through through this twice as well prior to having her first, and has been a source of inspiration to us. Give it a little time and try again- it will all work out!
Jim

jeff32 09-28-2007 12:27 AM

Sorry for you... but look at positive things... like you two are whealthy, so you may try again later! But it's easy for me to say, I've never been there. I still feel the pain you are going thru... good luck and keep your head up!

Magic34 09-28-2007 01:19 AM

Mike Jones,

You sound like you and your wife would make amazing parents. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. May God bless both of you and in due time, you will have that child.

A good friend of mine and his wife had about 8-10 miscarriages. Test after test, and major fertility procedures, they found out that her white blood cells were attacking the fetus and killing the baby. They put her on a TON of meds and kept trying. She would get pregnant only to miscarry at week 8, 9, or 10.

Well, about 2 1/2 years ago, they decided to stop all meds including all the holistic crap she started taking in the middle of all of this.

3 weeks ago, they gave birth to their first child, a healthy baby boy. No one deserved a child more than them, especially after all they had gone through. She got pregnant after the doctors had lost all hope, and the pregnancy went perfectly. Perfectly after going so terribly wrong time and time again.

Things work out in the end. Regardless of how hard something may be, it is always possible if you believe.

Good luck to you Mike Jones. Your time will come.

jez350 09-28-2007 02:42 AM

I understand what you are going through. My wife had a similar situation with pre-eclampsia (think that's how you spell it??). It's a tough time. You'll get through it. We now have 2 beautiful, healthy girls. It will happen mate. Take care.

Griff 09-28-2007 02:52 AM

I know somewhat the shock you must have felt or at least something close to it. When we went in for our ultrasound on our youngest boy, we got quite a scare when something was not right. He had spinabifida. It was a tough time and a long 5 months before he was born. Fortunately, he has about the most minor case that can be had and only has a few minor medical issues.
My heart goes out to you and your wife. What you must be going through is much more difficult than what we did. God bless and RIP to the little soul.

Tom A. 09-28-2007 04:50 AM

Mike, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Jessica. I am so sorry for your loss. Be the strong one, give her a hug, and I know in my heart things will work out for you eventually.

Audiofn 09-28-2007 05:39 AM

Man that is hard to read. Like so many have already said my heart is breaking for you. Be strong for Jessica but don't be afraid to show her that you are hurting also.

You can try again when the time is right for you both and hopefully next time it will all go smoothly.

offshoredrillin 09-28-2007 05:56 AM

Mike,
Sorry for you and your wife to have to go through this, as some one said earlier, in time it will happen. At times like this it may be hard to believe but things do happen for a reason. keep the faith.

PJDiesel 09-28-2007 05:58 AM

Man, sorry for your loss. The world is a cruel and unusual place sometimes.

A woman my wife carpools with lost a 7 year old daughter yesterday. Sent her off on the school bus happy and healthy, by 10 AM or so she had some kind of seizure then an aneurysm and was gone by 1PM. Totally devastating to the family, you never can tell about these kind of things. We are at a loss for words on the subject.

GLH 09-28-2007 06:05 AM

I am sorry about your very sad experience.

Dean Ferry 09-28-2007 06:06 AM

Our Condolences. I had to leave work yesterday and go pick up my 7 year old from school, because she had a 102 Deg. fever and a STIFF NECK. Took her home and gave her some Motrin and fever came down, and the Stiff neck is better.
Yeah bottom line, kiss and hug them everyday.
Dean

45sonic 09-28-2007 06:18 AM

Very very sorry to read this so early in the day. Will keep you in our thoughts.

Pwrbt33 09-28-2007 06:24 AM

Very sorry to hear this Mike! Stay strong keep a lot of friends and family around, they always seem to help! We'll keep you both in our prayers!

Donman 09-28-2007 06:25 AM

Mike,
Always remember that you`ve got some caring people here. You can always turn to us in times of need.
I`m truly sorry for your loss. Words cannot express my sorrow.
I am a believer that things happen for a reason. We may never know the reason, but just keep the faith and trust in those more powerful than us.
I almost lost my son 5 years ago. Accidently shot in the head by a friend. It brought me and my wife closer together, though I didn`t think we could be any closer than we already were. My son is doing ok now. He started high school this year. I hug him everyday.

itilldo 09-28-2007 06:30 AM

I'm sorry for you and your wife's loss. Now is the time for you to be with your wife because as much is it hurts you, she's feeling it probably 10 times more. God Bless

RunninHotRacing163.1 09-28-2007 06:32 AM

MIKE
I am very sorry for your loss. We have 4 little guys and they mean the world to us(they are our world). Stay strong and positive ,and you really need to be there for your sweetie thru this tough time.the 2 of you are in our prayers

CARRIE

SinkorSwim 09-28-2007 07:08 AM

It is a terrible thing...

Sadly enough we know from experience....

Time heals...

Prayers to you and your family...

Queenie 09-28-2007 07:29 AM

Mike, thoughts and prayers to you and Jessica. We too are belivers that things happen for a reason, even though you ask yourself why.

Stay strong, but let Jessica know there is a void in your heart too.

Rob and Barb

GOFASTJUNKIE 09-28-2007 07:42 AM

Mike, I will pray for you and your wife. Your time will come. Stay strong!!.

BAJA342 09-28-2007 08:14 AM

Mike,
So sorry for your loss. Prayer and wishes of great luck for the two of you..

Frank

THEJOKER 09-28-2007 08:27 AM

So sorry to hear this. Man hang tough and prayers!

TexomaPowerboater 09-28-2007 08:38 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Too Old 09-28-2007 08:52 AM

Mike,

Words can not convey my sorrow.

My wife and I lost a son in an auto accident less than a year ago.

It's going to take some time and a deep bond between you and your wife. In your time of sorrow, shower your wife with all the love you can muster. She deserves and needs it.

You are in our prayers.

Fred and Cynthia Cecil

waterheater 09-28-2007 08:58 AM

So sorry for your loss. Stay strong, and we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

DoTheMath 09-28-2007 09:05 AM

I hate to hear stories like this. I've got a 2 1/2 yr. old at home and he is everything to me (and my wife). I had a friend go through the same thing you guys are, she was devastated but... they waited until the time was right and now have two great, happy, healthy kids. As was mentioned before, it is ok to be the "rock" but you also need to show your wife your human - she'll totally understand and you guys will get through it just fine.

Mark

speedygonzalez 09-28-2007 09:17 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss Mike, may God not only strengthen you and your wife, but give you a double blessing.
As I sit here this morning and read this my prayers go to and your wife. I know that this is one of those things that builds unbreakable relationships .

As a 43 year old grenpa, I have been recieved a double portion in this wrold, and it puts a lump on throat to hear thigs of this sort.

Again, my prayers to you both, God bless.

Jose.

Ms PatriYacht 09-28-2007 09:18 AM

So sorry to hear of your loss, it hurts me to read this so I can only imagine how you both are feeling. I have never had children but I was in the delivery room with a friend who's 8 lb baby only lived for about 6 hours, however she has gone on to have two healthy children. As others have said be close with each other and give your wife a chance to talk and cry as much as she needs to, us women often want to talk about stuff more.

I know it is early to think about this but eventually you will be ready to try again which is good since it sounds like you will be awesome parents. God Bless you both. Donna

jhiguy377 09-28-2007 10:25 AM

very sorry to hear this;wife and i went through this about 8 years ago; the little one will be waiting for you on the other side. - jeff

cfischer 09-28-2007 10:31 AM

Sorry about your loss. You know we're always here for you bro!!!

open87 09-28-2007 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by SteveDavid (Post 2287696)
Mike, although we've never met, I think a loss such as yours rings a universal chord in all hearts. Our prayers are with you and Jessica.

god bless....

Bullhead 09-28-2007 11:16 AM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife

Semper Fi 09-28-2007 11:26 AM

Mike,

Sorry to hear that terrible news. I wish you and your family the best in these times. Take care of your wife, I think she probably needs alot of reassurance everything will be ok.