Like Tree0Likes

Mr. John Haggin

Old 09-28-2007, 02:20 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2014 Cigarette 39 GTS

That is a nice article. I have been wondering "where it all came from" for a while now.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout

I'm sure everyone wonders how people run their lives but probably a question better asked directly, not publicly on the internet.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Registered
VIP Member

i'll tell ya ont thing, sitting down talking with him you can feel everything in that article wether it be a 10 second convo or a 10 minute one...he's an awesome guy
Old 09-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)

My Boats: 42 FOUNTAIN / MALIBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastinger View Post
Here you go!

!
THANK YOU!!!!

great article
Old 09-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Registered

My Boats: Blackthunder & Malibu ski boat

they have changed somethings on that site, at one time there was a link to a really cool magazine article from the horse racing industry. I wish that article was still there it really gave me an insite to a completely differnt side of his interests. In that article they mentioned he was married to Roxanne Pulitzer and still remain great friends. I have met him only once but he sure seems to have a heart of gold.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I had the pleasure of meeting John when he purchased our 51 OL (the original Team AMF boat) He showed up in Dania with cut off shorts and work boots, I was wondering who this guy was???? But once I spent the day with him on the water, I realized that he was a great guy, who at the time was boatless, but still had a passion for entering the offshore world.

He made us a deal, if we brought the boat to Sarasota for the poker run, and his then girlfriend, now wife enjoyed the poker run, he would buy it. We ended up having a great day on the water, and a better day with the cards, we won the card hand, and true to his word, he bought the boat. I must say that was one of the most interesting poker runs I have ever been on, and I had no idea that he would take it to this level.

Keep up the good work John.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:56 PM
Gold Member

My Boats: One ballsy Top Gun

I am so privilege to say that he is a friend. He is one person that I will always remember fourty years from now. John you are second to none, keep up the big smile my friend. See you soon...
Old 09-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Registered

WOW! I got my answers. He is definately an interesting guy! His family history is interesting as well.

Kudos to you and all your generosity Mr. Haggin
Old 09-30-2007, 03:28 PM
East Coast Boat Racing NJ
Platinum Member

My Boats: 17'6'' Fiberglass Custom Built Race Garvey. UNITED WE RACE ! ! !
Default Mr. John Haggin

Recently I had the extreme pleasure of meeting John Haggin in person @ our Club Meeting ( East Coast Boat Racing Club of New Jersey) www.ecbrcnj.com , I Own & Drive my Boat = Noreaster G-47One of our members a former offshore power-boat racer, contacted John Haggin and told him about our club and the boat's we have racing. New Jersey Garvey's & Jersey Speed Skiff's. As I was told John became interested and came to check us out. And after seeing and meeting us , John decided to invite us = our entire club and all our boats to come join him and all the great people who race the big power boats. We are looking foward to being @ 3rd Annual Chattanooga, Tennessee Offshore Powerboat Races Oct 12 - 14, 2007 We will be racing two races on Oct.13th. and final race on Oct.14th. We are Honored to join in all the Racing Fun. Last week a few of our club members including myself, went to Cambridge, Maryland to watch John Haggin's Team = Miss Geico Race to another 1st place Win. I must admit it's been many yrs since ive seen a offshore power boat race, I was very impressed by the Friendy and Professional attitudes of all the race teams. I envited John to go for a Ride in my boat. I hope he does. If your going to be there stop by and say hello.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:58 AM
Registered

My Boats: Platinum Princess 2006

I thank animal house for remembering my now wife "princess". She started this madness