Like Tree0Likes

Great day of OSS racing at LOTO

Old 10-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Registered

Some pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Great day of OSS racing at LOTO-dsc00979-large-.jpg   Great day of OSS racing at LOTO-dsc00984-large-.jpg   Great day of OSS racing at LOTO-dsc00987-large-.jpg  

Old 10-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Registered

More pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Great day of OSS racing at LOTO-dsc01014-large-.jpg   Great day of OSS racing at LOTO-dsc01017-large-.jpg  
Old 10-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

This could be the best race site of them all. The people are great, the crowd was estimated at 30,000 with about 5000 boats on the water.

Can't wait to go back again next year. It simply could not have been a better weekend. Thanks for having us.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Sold the Cafe' and boatless for now.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron P View Post
This could be the best race site of them all. The people are great, the crowd was estimated at 30,000 with about 5000 boats on the water.

Can't wait to go back again next year. It simply could not have been a better weekend. Thanks for having us.
You did a great job Ron. The races were great and it was nice to meet you Sturday night. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Registered

My Boats: Formula 330SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron P View Post

Ya'll come back now ya hear......

Typically things die off after labor day at LOTO, I would be willing to bet 20-30% of the typical weekenders didn't make it down for this event and the attendance will grow further.

As the word gets around in the mid-west about this event, it will only grow and those that missed it this year will make it next year. I hope this will help bring exposure to this sport and sponsorship needed to help your teams and bring other competitors to LOTO as well. The coverage via Charter Cable systems was great. I watched the race from my deck and TV at the same time.

If anyone would like to hang a banner from my Condo next year please let me know
Old 10-02-2007, 07:14 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2010 Active Thunder 37 Excess

We will DEFINATELY be back next year! Awesome time!
Old 10-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Registered

My Boats: 38 Jupiter CC, Miss GEICO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cullen_11 View Post
Geico ran great and won Extreme -- because they finished. What good is the fastest boat if it can't stay together... but CRC was delivering an incredible a**whipping until they bowed out, no one was even close. Bud Select was last in the group until engine trouble in their second boat in 2 days.

Thanks Cullin,

What a weekend. LOTO is just the best. Super fans, beautiful scenery and lot's of fast boats.

CRC had some game this weekend, I will say that. We (GEICO)had continuie to shave 1-2 secs a lap off and had closed the gap to 4.5 seconds . Both boats knocking 170mph down the back stretch Diving into turn one at speed and 165 up the front (turning around the greens). With three laps to go, pushing harder we were thinking we could catch them for a fight to the finish. Mike and Jeff are great guys it's really an honor to race with them. I hope the battle was good for the fans to watch. Cullin, unlike many people you have very good insight into racing.. You have to finish to win.

Marc
Miss G.

Heres the ass kicker... after our water hose blew on Sat we had some malfunctioning gauges. Thinking the fuel tanks were empty a crew member filled to the set point. Unfortunatly, for us the gauges were wrong and the boat ended up carrying an extra 200gals (1300lbs) of fuel for the race on sunday. ARRRRRRGH!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: Batboat, 38 Scarab Thunder, 16 Sidewinder, 27 Magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Thinking the fuel tanks were empty a crew member filled to the set point. Unfortunatly, for us the gauges were wrong and the boat ended up carrying an extra 200gals (1300lbs) of fuel for the race on sunday. ARRRRRRGH!

yikes! nothing like dragging an anchor.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 10-02-2007, 10:02 AM
BZ
Registered

My Boats: 2006 Fountain 42 EX

This was some event, not knowing what to expect our grup was blow away by the show/turn-out. Yes we WILL be back next year.....BZ
Old 10-02-2007, 10:05 AM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1988 Cigarette Bullet

WOW, it's cool to read all the positive responses. From the spectators and especially from the participants. I listened to the radio coverage ant Martin Sanborn commented several times about how much he was enjoying his first visit to LOTO.

Of course having special ordered the weather sure helped. Altho the wind was kind of a pain for all the boats that were trying to stay anchored.

Hope everyone had a safe trip home. See ya next year.