Notices

Ford Trucks???

Old 01-13-2002, 04:24 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Ford Trucks???

A buddy of ine keeps telling me teh new ford trucks are carp but that is news to me. He claims they fall apart. Then again he seesm to havea personal fued with all Mustangs because they aren't camaros. (as for me i like italian and german sports cars) But fora truck how to the fords stack up against the dodges and the GMs?
Old 01-13-2002, 07:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
Puder, Everones got a personal taste and will find someway to defend their reason for picking out their vehicle. Like I have posted many times before, we own a construction co, have all three Dodge,Ford, and GM. from 8.1 and Duramax to 5.4, v-10 and Powerstroke and a Cummins, all good, hell we have pull wars, I personally have had better luck with gm, I have a 6.o in Yukon XL Denali 320hp second one, no problems, 2001 Duramax w/allison 79k work truck, just used for pulling 9-12k trailors, not one fricken break down, the most powerful and best diesel I have ever owned, am selling next week to my ex-partner in WI and my personal a 2000 z-71, which I will trade in at end of my lease this year and get a quad cab 2500 duramax. Our Fords have been good except front ends and trannys and our Dodge cummins has been abused and still runs strong, its a 97 good luck to you.
Old 01-13-2002, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had great luck with all three brands..But I like a Ford 3/4 ton with a powrstroke...they run 80 pulling my boat through the hills of Ky to Cumberland..IN a half ton I would get a Gmc/Chevy even there new 5.3 is strong..with 3.73
Old 01-13-2002, 09:15 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Puder: My last truck was a F250 with a 302 in it. Towed my Formula 302 no problem, slow to start but once it got rolling it was fine. I put 300K on that thing!!! My new one is a F350 and I have put almost 1000 miles in it since Thursday and so far I am VERY happy with it. The dealer, well that is another story. Now when I was buying/looking at different trucks I decided that if I was going with a gas motor it was going to be a Chevy and if I could find a diesle it was going to be a Ford. They are all really nice these days!!!