Not something you see boating >

Not something you see boating

Notices

Not something you see boating

Old 10-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I agree, I don't have anything against hunting, it's not something I want to do, or would take any pleasure in, but I don't have anything against it, I think Ted Nugent has a great perspective on it.
That is my take.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I would have shot it when I got back and ate it. Hopefully it ingested enough salt water to seaon the meat.....I got the pepper shaker and dales! How cool would that have been to have it strung up hanging off of the canopy gutting it at the dock with a lure hanging out of its mouth! That dude really missed an opportunity to have some fun!
Old 10-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Copy and paste from another site:

Last Saturday morning, my buddy Bo Warren and I were trolling for stripers in the Chesapeake Bay. We were 11-1/2 miles offshore in about 80 feet of water contemplating why the fish weren't biting. We looked back to check our gear and saw something odd in the water Was it a seal? Can't be, we don't have seals around here. On closer look, it turned out to be a buck deer that was WAY off course. He was desperate and barely staying afloat.

I've seen deer swim a river or bayou before. When you see that, the first thing you notice is that they are powerful swimmers. Their head and shoulders are out of the water and they make surprisingly good headway. This critter was just keeping his nose up and looked like he'd been swimming all night long. In fact, he was so warn out that he swam toward the boat probably thinking it looked enough like land to him. When he got closer though, he wasn't sure what to make of the two dudes on board, and backed off.

So, since the fish weren't biting, we thought we'd give this buck a hand. Turns out Bo grew up around cows and was really handy with a bowline. He lassoed the deer on the first try! Bo grabbed his neck, I grabbed the flank, and we barreled over backwards into the boat. Before I knew it, Bo was on top of him and had him tied up just like a calf.

We hit the throttle and shuttled him to the closest beach - Kent Point. I beached the boat and we carefully unloaded the deer onto the sand. The whole time we kept thinking he was going to kick the snot out of us. He never did though; he was totally spent. We untied him and jumped back. Too weak to stand, he just sat there quivering. We even picked him up again and put his feet underneath him, but he still couldn't walk. Don't know if he made it or not, but I think his chances were vastly improved. Hopefully he recovered after time. When you're out & about, ya just never know...
INTRESTING,NEED TO MAKE A CALL
Old 10-02-2007, 03:31 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

did it have a rope attached to some mexicians

We use to see them crossing the MS river here in the winter, form the la side to the ms side,its hard to belive there small legs that they could swim so good.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Registered

pretty neat, but could have turned into the scene from "tommy boy".
Old 10-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

wonder if the deer was related to the one who tried to go for a batboat ride??
Old 10-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In my neck o the woods, that is a very common site. they head out to the islands for winter and eat all the leaves that no one ate during the summer. If they wait too long, they can't walk back on the ice and have to swim for it.

Nasty is when you come across a bedding area on the ice and the wolves have found them in the night. Blood and bones everywhere.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you imagine the conversation as he arrives back at the boat ramp??? You know someone is going to ask him if he caught that out on the water... Then the next question would be "How did you catch a deer in the ocean, what did you use for a lure?" His answer, "Corn Dog"
Old 12-20-2008, 04:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

UPDATE (This is unbelievable)

I'm out fishing this morning with a neighbor and he starts talking about catching this deer and he points out where he and his buddy took it ashore and revived it. I told him he was full of chit, that was an internet bs story. He was convincing enough that I did a search on it just now and IT'S MY NEIGHBOR IN THE PICTURES!!!! He's only lived here for about a year in my hood, so I didn't know him when the pictures were taken. he's the one in the white t-shirt.

Chesapeake Bay just off of the southern tip of kent island.

Craig

Last edited by OldSchool; 12-20-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/hunting...ish.asp#photo3

Chad Campbell is the guy that lives in my hood. He was living in Wash. DC before moving out here.

Quick Reply: Not something you see boating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.