Like Tree0Likes

What is going on here?

Old 10-05-2007, 06:49 PM
MitchStellin's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Grand Haven, MI USA
My Boats: Zodiac RIB
Posts: 3,124

Yup, thats dredging, good old EPA, makes you do backflips to get the mud out, like on the Mac Bridge, they have to capture every flake of paint or they are fined, and the sand used to get the paint off.
MitchStellin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:52 PM
VIP Member
Trade Score: (6)
Strip Poker 388's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison,Mississippi
My Boats: Hustler 388
Posts: 21,567

there water beds for my new house up there

Just tell them they can dump it down here on the Mississippi coast its prob cleaner anyway

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Strip Poker 388 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tom A.'s Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New Jersey
My Boats: Necessary Evil .............Donzi 38 ZrComp.............
Posts: 4,094

Those are dredging bladders. They fill with the muck and filter the water back into the lake. The solids/polutants stay in the bladder. The bladder is then opened up and the muck material dries to the point where it can be scooped with a front end loader and shipped off to a disposal area.
Tom A. is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:44 AM
VIP Member
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Boca Raton, FL
My Boats: None
Posts: 3,682

Those are actually Jet Docks for 100' plus mega yachts.
Edward R. Cozzi is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.

Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.