Notices

Finally.....

Old 10-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CAPTCHUCKV
Thanks for the compliments bro. You will definately be seeing plenty of the Voelker brothers in the Eden Isles area!!!
Just look for the 38' Scarab with 2 guys and 10 half naked chicks on it!!!

As far as storage is concerned, my dad has a big shop/warehouse behind his house im Mccomb but I really would like to find somewhere closer. I have been looking like crazy and everything is either full or to small. I sure wish we had a marina with lifts for storage. Maybe we should get together and build one....
We could make some serious coin on a deal like that.

If you know of any decent secure places closer to us that can accommodate a 42' overall length please let me know. I still have about a month to find one but if not it will be at my dads until something comes up.
Where did you find a trailer? I was told that there was not one?
Old 10-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We ordered one from Nextrail. It's being custom made for this particular boat. The owner told me that he makes all the trailers for the Wellcraft company. It really worked out well because the trailer manufacturer is only about 15 miles north of where the boat is located, so we can pick it up on the way.

We really weren't looking forward to dragging an empty trailer almost 1000 miles so this way it worked out great. We are probably going to hit Tampa on the way back from Naples to see a friend and do some running.

Any suggestions in the Tampa area?
Old 10-09-2007, 05:52 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

You bought a boat with expired flares!!

SUCKER!!!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 05:53 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Just kidding That is one beautiful boat. Lot's of luck!!

Cheers!

Rob
Old 10-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Registered

Chuck, That is one thing that i can't believe we don't have down here. I and no one else i know wants to keep their boat sitting in the water all the time. Fountainguy can tell you when we go to destin each year we keep the boats at a covered marina and each slip has a power cradle lift in it. It is a sweet marina. I which we had a marina down here with such a thing.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Registered

What's up Jason? I don't know why we don't have a marina like that. You would think with all the water and access to the lake, rivers, and the Gulf that we would have an abundance of marinas that cater to HP boats. I know if someone did build one they would make a killing in no time. There aren't as many boats, as say Florida, but there are enough high dollar boats around to keep it full. I will just keep looking until we find a place that suits our needs. See ya Later.

Chuck
Old 10-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JLAY
Chuck, That is one thing that i can't believe we don't have down here. I and no one else i know wants to keep their boat sitting in the water all the time. Fountainguy can tell you when we go to destin each year we keep the boats at a covered marina and each slip has a power cradle lift in it. It is a sweet marina. I which we had a marina down here with such a thing.
you got that right ......... leaving a boat in the water is horrible never more than a week......

The Dock had ideas of building a dry dock storage but it would only hold a 35 foot boat which would be usless to most of us but i havent seen any progress and i heard that when that property was purchased that there was to be nothing like that built ........ but if it were to happen and even if it only held a 35 footter they would be making a killing .......... wish they would get their act together with that place ....the other weekend for a poker run they ran out of beer .... but if they would actually put a roof on the place and get that kitchen running and a few chefs in there they would have soooooo much more buisness and everyone would be there in the summer

Last edited by fountainguy214; 10-09-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Registered

For what we paid for the boat I'm surprised it came with engines!!!!
It's not brand new by all means but it is not a POS either.
The boat just needs a little tlc and she will be top notch.
Thanks

Originally Posted by SOX
You bought a boat with expired flares!!

SUCKER!!!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Registered

I am still wondering why The Dock hasn't gotten back to it's pre Katrina status. You would think since the southshore location is history that they would get this one running better then ever. Maybe they are waiting on insurance money or something, who knows? I know if I owned that place I would be doing some serious business with specials every day of the week. Something needs to happen over there. They are just wasting that prime location.

Originally Posted by fountainguy214
you got that right ......... leaving a boat in the water is horrible never more than a week......

The Dock had ideas of building a dry dock storage but it would only hold a 35 foot boat which would be usless to most of us but i havent seen any progress and i heard that when that property was purchased that there was to be nothing like that built ........ but if it were to happen and even if it only held a 35 footter they would be making a killing .......... wish they would get their act together with that place ....the other weekend for a poker run they ran out of beer .... but if they would actually put a roof on the place and get that kitchen running and a few chefs in there they would have soooooo much more buisness and everyone would be there in the summer
Old 10-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking forward to having another Top Gun to play around with........now I'll have to keep an eye ought for the red Scarab.

It looks real nice.....congrats!

Quick Reply: Finally.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.