I Surrender! Time to Re-rig

Old 10-10-2007, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The envision is a straight hull.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:55 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Isnt there some prop work that can cure your problems...or have you been there done that?
Old 10-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BenPerfected
... I spent $25-50K the figure this out...probably a lot more but this is all I will admit to
Our typical outing on the water involves two to three couples and their kids. It will be this way for the next 3-5 years. I could have easily put the same amount of cash I've spent into a mid 90's cafe or gun with good power and solid drives. It's just not the right time for me. So I'll make this thing work the best I can. I will miss the Pulsedrive for sure. The swim platform at the waterline. Running and docking in two foot of water (not two foot on the depth finder - two foot from the surface). A sweet rooster tail that you could just sit and stare at. But a 70 mph boat with a cool rooster tail is still a 70 mph boat. Can I run 90mph? Probably...but I won't like what Sir Issac does to me if I have a failure at that speed.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
Isnt there some prop work that can cure your problems...or have you been there done that?
Yes, I've been there. The props are about 3 1/2 ft back from the transom. The best trim angle I can get and still be efficient is around 5 degrees negative. They will always push up. Round ears, cup and rake angle just can't overcome that fulcrum on the transom.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
I know one with a single 1250 in it, I hear it runs about a buck.
Over a buck ten according to our friends in Kaiser.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Greg, I wish you the best.....lord knows you deserve a break! I wish I had some input that would work. From my own experience with my setup.....which is also in unchartered territory.....everyone else's ideas get very expensive! I know you know that all to well also. The prop change to the merc props was huge from the pulse props when I rode in it. I did not know that BBlades changed them to round ears.....what did that do? It floats great at midnight out of gas!! Eddie ran it out of gas on purpose so he could make a pass at me. Anyway, at least you can come up this winter and hang out at my shop and tell lies while Eddie is doing the perversion. We can knock back some diet Sun Drop.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I wish I could have seen you running on the water at Clinton as opposed to sitting on the trailer. I love the rooster tail!!

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 10-11-2007 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Found answer to one question in technical forum
Old 10-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
... I love the rooster tail!!
Ya, me too. I keep reminding myself of all the little things the rerig will fix. Better exhaust routing, clean up wiring and hoses, etc. Moving the engines back a foot will really help the boats CG too. In this hull, the benefits outweigh the advantages of the Pulsedrive. In a different hull, I'd keep it.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:26 PM
VIP Member

Just break out a few more thousand (BOAT) and hang some 6's off the back and you will still have the roost!!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Registered

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a pulsedrive? It sounds nasty!

Quick Reply: I Surrender! Time to Re-rig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.