Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Why Apache are so expensive? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/170981-why-apache-so-expensive.html)

Stormrider 10-19-2007 02:10 PM

AHHHHHHHHHH....
to some its just a boat...
to others its a passion.

TexomaPowerboater 10-19-2007 03:36 PM

Good thread - I hope to make a comment as an apache owner very soon.....albeit just a 28.

Had my brother over the other day and told him of the boat I'm closing a deal on. He couldn't understand why I would want to waist all that money on a go-fast boat with only 5 seats. I said - Well, because DREAMS COST MONEY!!!.

cuda 10-19-2007 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by speedo (Post 2309699)
Kill the native indians. Bring in more what?

Eric.

Huh?

mr_velocity 10-19-2007 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2306356)
You can buy a Shelby Cobra "kit car" and put it together yourself or buy one complete but you'll be hard pressed to find an "original" Shelby Cobra.... And when you do you better expect to lay some cash down on it if you want to buy it......:cool-smiley-027:

The guy at the entrance to our lagoon (with the pier on the left as you enter) has both. Got a big ugly sail boat too :eek:

Panther 10-19-2007 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by mr_velocity (Post 2311481)
The guy at the entrance to our lagoon (with the pier on the left as you enter) has both. Got a big ugly sail boat too :eek:

Gotta love that car! Whenever I see one I always ask if it's an orignal..99% of the time it isn't.

have fun boating on the mini boat tomorrow. We may get the kid out of the house for a few hours tomorrow!

Strip Poker 388 10-19-2007 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 2311218)
AHHHHHHHHHH....
to some its just a boat...
to others its a passion.

I would say most of us on this board would not tell someone hey I just bought a "Boat" but go in detail about it and not just call it a boat:D

dreamer 10-19-2007 11:39 PM

Why Apache are so expensive? ..... who cares.....

why is it apache threads go on and on and on.... thats the question

MikeyFIN 10-20-2007 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by TrippM (Post 2308221)
I already figured it out as there's only two Corvette Grand Sport roadsters and neither one needs restoration.

Offcourse; Not as they arenīt used to what they are built to...to Go FULL TILT all the time.
Damn shame IMO.

And ALL those 5 GS Corvettes were made 1963....

MikeyFIN 10-20-2007 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer (Post 2311635)
Why Apache are so expensive? ..... who cares.....

why is it apache threads go on and on and on.... thats the question

Hmmm maybe because they are curiosity items..just like Apaches race wins..few and far between and do happen from time to time ?

People like underdog stories/fiction... just look at Rocky movies.
Thereīs also your answer to why many "diss" Cigarettes and Fountains and think Nor-Techs and other curiosita are something.
To me an Old Cig, Scarab or whatever RACEboat is a tad above their pleasure versions and gets my Thumbs up but touting the pleasure version being something else well ..close but no cigar despite being a whatever hi tech XZRSJ new edition special mumbojumbo.
And Yes Formulas with Kaamas/ASDīs gets my attention too.
Something out of the mainstream works and yes a Formula with Kaamas/ASDīs are underdogs/sleepers that can make the others look stoopiiid :)

Edward R. Cozzi 10-20-2007 08:43 AM

Why are Apaches so expensive?

That's easy...You get what you pay for.