Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Why Apache are so expensive? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/170981-why-apache-so-expensive.html)

Von Bongo 10-12-2007 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by jeff32 (Post 2304426)
why would they be more expensive on maintenance than other? .

Because most have large blower motors that are expensive to maintain and rebuild when necessary and 93 or more octaine fuel. So not only more expensive fuel but burns plenty of it.

Also they are heavy so they take a pretty good size tow vehicle. You need a bigger lift or hoist, most have at least 3s, 3as, 5s or 6s to maintain. Also when you maintain a 15-20 year old boat things break.

Griff 10-13-2007 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by cosmic12 (Post 2304291)
I wanted that boat so bad, just couldn't do it,great deal.:D The ride---- the ride----- the ride Like you said everyone else is bounceing and banging while you could cruse and be sipping a martini. They may not be the fastest all the time but when it gets rough,,, they don't slow down.

I thought about it seriously also and if my garage had been 5 feet longer, it would probably be in there now.

Comanche3Six 10-13-2007 06:15 AM

Design, build quality, rough water performance.

TeamSaris 10-13-2007 06:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by PARADOX (Post 2304293)
I always liked those Indian boats. But.. again.. I like Indians to. :cool-smiley-027:

But for a bit lower price I got an Avanti. Also rare, also handles rough water, and not just a nother typ. go fast boat.
It would be nice to get some more speed out of this, and working on it.
:D

I can dig the Avanti :cool:

Magic Medicine 10-13-2007 06:47 AM

Whats in a name????? Great question. It says something when your at a poker run or other boating event and you have a boat like no other boat there. In my opinion, Apaches are plain bad a%%, I would love to own one someday!

Airpacker 10-13-2007 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine (Post 2304532)
Whats in a name????? Great question. It says something when your at a poker run or other boating event and you have a boat like no other boat there. In my opinion, Apaches are plain bad a%%, I would love to own one someday!

I hear you there.

COME ON LOTTO NUMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Queenie 10-13-2007 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by jeff32 (Post 2304157)
your 1989 41 apache is for sale?

Not a chance!

Tony Montana 10-13-2007 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 2304412)
apache's have personality.
btw, t montana, i'll be in PB in Feb. hint hint... ;)

Originally Posted by jeff32 (Post 2304414)
be careful what you say! I'm supposed to go to our house in Boynton beach in march 2008...

Tony Montana... I have to remember this name!

Open offer pm me when your in town!:ernaehrung004:

el indio 10-13-2007 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 2304412)
apache's have personality.
btw, t montana, i'll be in PB in Feb. hint hint... ;)

Rob is a fine navigator......m.m....

Mark 10-13-2007 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by delleto (Post 2304402)
Think Shelby Cobra, Ferrari 288GTO, etc. - rare, fast, & loaded with heritage. Yes, there are many new or newer vehicles that are faster, but none with with that certain 'flare' of these rare, collectable & highly sought after exotics. Apache, the name and the boats, has attained over time what NO other manufacturer has been able to - a LEGEND. So many factors have built it, as previously mentioned - McManus, Saccenti, Kramer, drugs, crime, the Feds, speed, wins, ride, & the list keeps growing. Also, not many other boats retain their original christened names over time BUT several Apaches have been able to. Why? Perhaps because Apache owners take alot of pride in their ownership, rightfully so, and do so much to retain the authenticity and heritage of their boats. What price do you place on a certified Legend? I suppose it depends on how fat your bank acct is.

Ferrari 288 GTO and 41 Apache - THE ULTIMATE TOYS!!! :D