Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Desert Storm WEEKEND 2008 – Read It Here First >

Desert Storm WEEKEND 2008 – Read It Here First

Notices

Desert Storm WEEKEND 2008 – Read It Here First

Old 10-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

One of the great things about SCOPE is the free slips and the slip location. All the boats are front and center of the Long Beach waterfront so the "civilians" can see them and you are right there where everything is happening. You can hang on your boat and still feel like you're part of the event.

That's the one thing I don't like about Havasu / DS, if you're not at London Bridge or the Nautical you have to pull your boat out every night and the nautical doesn't even guarantee a spot on the beach. Imagine how nice it would be if we had slips at the marina but I doubt that would ever happen.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do the marinas, fish and wildlife ignore the noise laws for these special events for out of towners or would I have to comply with those Lake laws.

P.S. The Emerald Coast poker run has seven days of entertainment ending with the worlds largest boat party.

Last edited by Coleman; 10-21-2007 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Tell about just one of Floridas national poker runs
Old 10-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

The Marina is run by A holes that don't like performance boats. Lanch at the nautical if you're staying there or Windsor. Never heard of anyone getting hassled for noise during DS. Occationally during the rest of the year but during DS they let you slide as well as the 36' limit in the channel.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
The Marina is run by A holes that don't like performance boats. Lanch at the nautical if you're staying there or Windsor. Never heard of anyone getting hassled for noise during DS. Occationally during the rest of the year but during DS they let you slide as well as the 36' limit in the channel.
Thanks for the info I have never been boating out west sounds like a great time. Thats what hot boat says about the people at the marinas is why I asked. I wouldnt know what to do after getting out of fresh water nothing to flush or rinse sounds great.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:03 AM
Registered

We attend every year and bring clients as well. Always a well run event and one big non stop party. Looking forward to the 2008 event
Old 10-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Apples to oranges. Both are great events and this years SCOPE poker run was one of the best, well organized, poker runs I've ever been to in tearms of location, boat access, hotel access, party access, etc. Everything centrally located made it nice. However, wait until you see what the organizers have in store for DS-08. If everything comes together like it should, your jaws going to drop.
Tank-- you're right , apples to oranges, but CarigB was saying tha the Desert Storm run will be "the biggest, baddest, most action-filled boating event EVER" and that is comparing everything, so apples to oranges doesn't apply.

There are alot of Poker runs out there that are hard to beat (Scope, NYC poker run, 1,000 islands poker run, Emerald Coast poker run etc...) You get my point Now I have to get ready to possibly evacuate my home becuase of the fires. The sky is really dark and soot is everywhere

Last edited by Semper Fi; 10-22-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Tank-- you're right , apples to oranges, but CarigB was saying tha the Desert Storm run will be "the biggest, baddest, most action-filled boating event EVER" and that is comparing everything, so apples to oranges doesn't apply.

There are alot of Poker runs out there that are hard to beat (Scope, NYC poker run, 1,000 islands poker run, Emerald Coast poker run etc...) You get my point Now I have to get ready to possibly evacuate my home becuase of the fires. The sky is really dark and soot is everywhere
G,
Take care, and be careful. We have 3 engineers @ Miramar, they have closed the base, and 2 of the guys have been exvac'd out of their hotels, with NO PLACE TO GO!
Dean
Old 10-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
G,
Take care, and be careful. We have 3 engineers @ Miramar, they have closed the base, and 2 of the guys have been exvac'd out of their hotels, with NO PLACE TO GO!
Dean
Dean,

The fires have turned south from my house now............Tell them to call me on my cell. (760-805-7947) I have room at my house for them. Right now the freeways are closed to head North up to me, but they may open up soon.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

G,
Thanks for the offer, I will update you with their status as soon as I hear something. OSO RULES!
Dean
Old 10-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 3,024 Likes on 991 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi

Hey Gerrard, I hope things are still ok at the home front. These fires are out of control! I know many that have been evacuated. It's not cool at all.

In regards to the poker run. Your right, there are many AWESOME poker runs out there. KW next month is one of my favorites. I know NY is another awesome venue as well as 1k isl (which I've never attended but would love to some day). And again, this years SCOPE run was by far the best in the history of the SCOPE club (at least the ones I've attended since 97). And next years SCOPE event should be even better!

I think Craig is very excited because of some things they are working on that will blow people away. If everything comes together, you'll understand why he (as well as the rest of the organizers and promoters) are very excited about this years Desert Storm. They are working on big events for each day participants are there. Adding a radar/shootout run organized by the best in the business is just one aspect. There's other things in the works that are going to be really, really, cool. Just stay tuned for updates. DS-08 is going to be off the hook!

Quick Reply: Desert Storm WEEKEND 2008 – Read It Here First

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.