Notices

Offshore Boat Rankings

Old 10-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks keepem coming

Its interesting not many fountain voters? I'm kind of surprised.

However, Active Thunder is really getting the nod.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look into a 30 y2k supperboat here a lot of goodthings about it,I'm looking my self and that is one on top of the list for me.You get a lot of boat for your money.And is one fast boat.
Single 525 efi merc seeing 82-84
Old 10-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

If build quality is really important to you the list is very short. Outerlimits or Cigarette or MTI (if you was looking at cats). I had a 43 Scarab & looked at a lot of boats before upping my boat budget by a little over 300%. The three I named is the ones that had industry leading performance & also industry leading build quality & attention to details. Now these boats are not cheap but, you get what you pay for.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Registered

Default Build Quality is Paramount

I have found my boating pleasure has increased tremendously with my Cobalt, it packs 280 hp Chevy 350 Volvo Duo Prop and the quality Cobalt is known for. The thing isn't falling apart like my previous boats. Everything is still very solid and not rattling and etc. The boat rides excellent, looks excellent and has been a joy for my family and extended family. This in comparison to always fixing hatches, hinges , wood rot, poor control installation, poor quality control, poor engine rigging, fixing screws where bolts and back plates should be. This and the down time I had in the other boats was so frustrating. Knock on wood, The Cobalt has had no down time and is a great performer for a family boat for 6 years running.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:29 AM

Cobalts are very well built boats. As far as the rankings, it mostly just opinion. Some boats are better suited for different conditions and different needs. If you boat at LOTO often look at something known for rough water ability and size matters.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my Sonic, but when I grow up I want a Cigarette
Old 10-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

John you need to give us a price range you are looking at otherwise you are going to get reply's about boats that cost 100,000 to a million on here.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by allfiredup
OUTERLIMITS is all you need to know.
I'm guessing this is probably not in the budget. My top three picks are Active Thunder, Formula, Sonic. If I had a money tree I'd be looking at Cig, Outerlimits, Nortech.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

There's about a years worth of reading on OSO that will give you all the information you need. Its seems like you're looking for objective factual answers and advice. Thats going to be nearly impossible. There are lots of high quality builders.
Without a little more info on what your ball park budget is and size of boat you want, its going to be difficult to give you real good answers.
The question you asked will give responses in the price range from 40k to 400k and from 28ft to 40ft.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by allfiredup
If build quality is really important to you the list is very short. Outerlimits or Cigarette or MTI - industry leading performance & also industry leading build quality & attention to details. Now these boats are not cheap but, you get what you pay for.
Build quality and attention to detail/rigging is NOT exclusive to just these three builders. I've owned an Active Thunder and the build quality is excellent!. Pantera, Saber, Nortech, and Sutphen are custom boats that are also built to last a lot of punishment, and their rigging is excellent as well. A good comparison in high-quality production boats to your Cobalt in the performance world would be Formula- don't discount them either; there is a lot of them running that lake. LOTO is capable of bringing out the worst in boats of lesser build quality.

Quick Reply: Offshore Boat Rankings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.