Notices

GT Performance good job

Old 11-01-2007, 12:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it!

I looked at that DB5 a couple years ago I guess. I was too big to drive it but it was a very clean car. Is Chad doing all right these days? That was a hell of a wreck he had.

I just sold my vintage AS Camaro last week! I claim I'm done with race cars, but I kept my shifter kart. Performance for dollar/hassle, I've never driven anything like the shifter!

I'm planning on doing the ski race this year. I think I've found a victim... er I mean skier and I'm hoping to start doing some testing soon (if he doesn't chicken out on the water temps).

I don't think you and I have met... Out of curiousity, was your 382 the one that came in pushing a sailboat with a rope this year (the thursday or friday before the ski race)? We'll have to catch up some time. I'm usually out once or twice a month and try to post on the scope site when we're making a run.

Mobile Marine Matt and I are going to be doing some prop testing this friday, but still on the fence about whether I can get away saturday to meet Clancy over at the island.

Later,

Sean
Old 11-01-2007, 06:56 AM
Banned

Here is the skater
Attached Thumbnails GT Performance good job-dscn1187.jpg   GT Performance good job-dscn1186.jpg  
Old 11-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Registered

Wow! She's a knockout! You must be very proud of the new ride!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Registered

Default Gt Performance

No it was not my 382 Formula that was being towed. I sold mine 3 or 4 years ago and that was the last time I have pulled in the race. i had a 37' OL since then. Then traded it and some cash for the Skater. So far nice boat. Shifter Karts are great. i have one of the first built from DMC with a kawasaki 125 and a Kali frame sitting on my side yard rusting away. I had a great time with that kart for a few years. Built in 1987.
What kind of boat do you have? Do you go out often out of Long Beach to Catalina? My boat will be out of state for few more months, then maybe some trips to Catalina.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Registered

I always launch in Huntington Harbor, but I try to get out once or twice a month work and family permitting. Then I'll run over to the island or up to the Yardhouse, mostly.

As a matter of fact, I'm heading out this afternoon to test props and then test some frosty beverages up at the Yardhouse.

I run what I'll refer to as the only "active" Pantera in southern CA. I know there are a few others, but I've never seen them out. Here's a photo from the poker run. She's got dry pipes now so you'll hear me coming! I'm sure I'll recognize your Skater! If you see me, stop by and say howdy!

Later,

Sean
Attached Thumbnails GT Performance good job-_w2z8019.jpg  
Old 11-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Registered

Default GT Perfomance

Nice looking Pantera. What motors and drives? Here is a picture of the Skater which I know you can't miss.
Attached Thumbnails GT Performance good job-picture-282a.jpg  
Old 11-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Registered

Thanks!

That Skater is beautiful. The 36 is on the short list when the time comes for the Pantera to be replaced.

It has a 750hp 565 with an Imco extreme SC. It sounds bad-ass, but we're still chasing the setup on the boat.