Notices

Kudos to KONRAD !

Old 11-01-2007, 07:12 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

But I pointed them out to Biggus first.....
Old 11-01-2007, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
But I pointed them out to Biggus first.....
Yes indeed!

Thank you Chuck!
Old 11-01-2007, 09:57 AM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP
And of course if anyone is interested in product literature, specifications or pricing, please let me know at:

[email protected]

Kirk
Yea I have been waiting for you to get back to me???
Old 11-01-2007, 10:42 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

quick tech question... how could you replace 3s or 3As w/ the konrad package. as easy as a TRS?
Old 11-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
quick tech question... how could you replace 3s or 3As w/ the konrad package. as easy as a TRS?

Yes, we have a kit in the works. Just swap the bell and install the Konrad on the Speedy transom assembly.

[email protected]
Old 11-01-2007, 03:35 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Really. Well once you've got it ready you'll want to spread the good word! I posted something in the Crap-ache thread about it, and kinda got shot down.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Registered

Semper Fi,

Thanks for your encouragement. Yes, these Konrad drives are the Stuff. Like excalibur27 says, installing Konrad's was the best investment I have made for my boat and my race team. The successes we've made on the race course, as well as in marketing an outstanding product have been priceless. When you beat up a set of drives like we do, there's huge advantages in not having to worry about them.

I'd like to thank the Konrad folks for their continued support, and a great time was had by all of us in Key West. Unfortunately, a spin-out shut down our chances in the final race, but that's racing. We all stayed in the boat and the drives stayed on the boat, so we fired it back up to finish out our laps.

Look for the Konrad / Fountain of Youth to compete for a points title on 2008 OPA Racing circuit. With a freshened-up set of Konrad 540's on the back, and a pair of wicked Scorpion Racing Engines under the hatches, we'll be gunning for the best in 400 class.

See y'all on the race course next year!

Brian

Last edited by p4-33; 11-16-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Brian, How did the shorties work out on your hull? i'de like to see what they do on the old non-step if I ever get my boat back in the water.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Registered

Lofty, the Fountain of Youth is a heavy boat, at 9000+ lbs with a race load of fuel. We tried shorties over the summer, in search of a few more mph to be competitive on the OPA circuit. What we found was we simply needed more power.

Trying to run 4-blade hydro's, we didn't have enough blade surface area to get this heavy beast on plane... and my boat (as well as most straight-bottomed Fountains) likes a stern-lifting props. We tried 5-blade hydro's and Maximus's, but the boat just didn't have enough juice to turn them. Bravo props gave us the blade surface area to get on plane, but were a squirrely mess.

We have recently added a pair of dry-sump 510's, and we now have the power to revisit the shorties. We ran the longer lowers in Key West, simply because we knew this setup works, and with scrambling to get the new power rigged, we ran out of time for additional drive setup testing.

We'll be trying the shorties again next spring, running 5-blade props. I'll post results here to help keep the Konrad customer base informed on our progress. Bottom line is that every boat reacts differently to changes in prop shaft height... weight, lengh, power, and blade types are all factors in the equation, not to mention what your running surface looks like. It's just a matter of finding what works on a particular application, mosly with trial and error.

Hope this helps,
Brian

Last edited by p4-33; 11-16-2007 at 04:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Kudos to KONRAD !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.