Notices

Blown 2006 496 Mag Ho

Old 10-31-2007, 09:46 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Nope, and it doesn't look like its gonna be too soon either.
just gonna have to live vicarioulsy.
Dont worry, the right one & the right time will come around.. Jamie

Old 10-31-2007, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by DONZI33
The X dimension is just way too high on this boat to keep a 4 blade locked up and running efficiently. Otherwise I would have run a 4 blade.
Ah, didn't know you had an aggressive X-diminsion. I like how the Whipple cleans up the top of the motor. Looks like you stayed with the stock exhaust?
Old 10-31-2007, 11:17 AM
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Ah, didn't know you had an aggressive X-diminsion. I like how the Whipple cleans up the top of the motor. Looks like you stayed with the stock exhaust?
Yes.. Just a few internal exh mods to open it up.. jamie / Lakeside

Last edited by LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS; 10-31-2007 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was faster with a four blade than my five blader. More loose, but faster! The five blade worked good if you wanted the boat to be easy to run. Now at 86 mph with my four blade, I AM DRIVING IT !!!! Tabs help.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:17 PM
Commercial Member

You are not wrong. In many applications the less blades the faster the boat can be, however because of my high X dimension I cannot keep the 4's locked up well at all. I have way to much slippage over 20%.. Due to our calculations & water testing.. So I am not looking at it from just a pure speed or handling view.. I just need it to grab better to get the boat where it needs to be..

Anyway Im hoping to get this proped better before winter if I can, our season is rapidy closing as well..

Jamie / Lakeside

Old 10-31-2007, 07:12 PM
Registered

I agree forged are still the best. However the hypertectic pistons are not as bad as what is commonly thought. The biggest problem with them is that they do not tolerate high heat, lean or imprecise conditions well in comparison to the forged units.. .

So far strong cool runnings..

Jamie / Lakeside
That's what I like to hear.... since I am doing the same now w/ hypers kb silvolites. I tend to agree with you, forged pistons just provides a larger margin for error in setup. For me, I run aluminum heads and have the quench set tight which I hope will give the margin I need to make these perform for 50-100hrs anyway.

Thanks for sharing!

BT
Old 11-01-2007, 06:55 AM
Registered

You are not wrong. In many applications the less blades the faster the boat can be, however because of my high X dimension I cannot keep the 4's locked up well at all. I have way to much slippage over 20%.. Due to our calculations & water testing.. So I am not looking at it from just a pure speed or handling view.. I just need it to grab better to get the boat where it needs to be..

Anyway Im hoping to get this proped better before winter if I can, our season is rapidy closing as well..

Jamie / Lakeside

My cousin put Merc five blades on his 34 Colbalt this summer and gained some mph. The X factor was high, so I hear you...

You did see my props for sale in the swap section right??
Old 11-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Canada Jeff
You did see my props for sale in the swap section right??
I did but they are too small for me.. Thanks for letting me know about them though.. Jamie

Old 11-01-2007, 09:22 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Jamie, Looks good. What about a small drive spacer to get that drive in a bit deeper? Just a thought. May hurt the top number a bit but a 4 blade will be easier on the stock drive.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Commercial Member

Thanks, I am aware of that, however I would like to have the drive where it is if at all possible.. I dont think the 5 at this height will be much more stressfull than the the 4 at a deeper setting based on how I drive.. Jamie

Quick Reply: Blown 2006 496 Mag Ho

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.