Like Tree0Likes

Need Volunteers and Sponsors- LOTO SHOOTOUT

Reply
Old 11-08-2007, 08:27 PM
  #21
Registered
 
racesdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: racing capitol of the world
My Boats: 07 368 SKATER and shes bad
Posts: 3,389
Default

Peppers Will Be There
racesdad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:26 PM
  #22
Registered
 
tlark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lee'sSummit/6mmLOTO
My Boats: Formula 330SS
Posts: 63
Default

There is a similar type thread going on over at MidwestBoatParty with respect to volunteers. Is this one in the same.
tlark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:16 PM
  #23
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
fountain4play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Omaha - LOTO
My Boats: Nor-Tech 3600 SuperCat "Suppression"
Posts: 1,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlark View Post
There is a similar type thread going on over at MidwestBoatParty with respect to volunteers. Is this one in the same.
Some of the same people are on both sites but OSO has a much wider membership which will be needed to get this thing going full speed as quickly as possible.
fountain4play is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:06 AM
  #24
Registered
 
mpally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: St. Louis/ LOTO
My Boats: 36 Outlaw
Posts: 1,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy OO View Post
Fountain 4 you hit it on the head, First off as I've mentioned captain Rons is good location for smoother water only, can't see the races from bar, no parking at all, not even close to enough docks, too far away so most people wont go up there , but the killer is there is no possibility for tv coverage, that is a show stopper, Toad already has 1 event and is in lake ozark, not Osage Beach which is where it has been for 20 years and the city will do whats necessary to keep it there, Water patrol feels they cannot shut off the lake there because it is too large of an area to patrol and has could not shut off that area because it is so far downstream and no one could get to the rest of the lake, also they feel the water conditions there would be too dangerous for 200mph runs, There has already been 2 locations presented to water patrol for Dog Days, I believe as does water patrol that the safest place to have it is near the original shooters course, only run it upstream towards paradise, they also feel the state park needs a chance, both locations have been mapped in detail and submitted to the Regatta permit committee by Dog Days, We hope it stays in Osage Beach where it has been and where the heaviest lake population is concentrated to make it accessible to the greatest number of people to generate most money for the charities, We have put in our best shot at it, but ultimately keeping it alive and the providing
a huge economic draw to all Osage Beach business's and to inject money into local fire and police dept's to keep the area safe, good luck to everyone.

Why do you constantly tear apart the other potential sites? I would have to beleive the WP and other governing bodies look at this website. We all know you want Dog Days to get it, but lets not tear apart the other proposals for the WP to see. We all know Dog Days is the best location, with the best parking, best docks, and the Shootout can be televised there. You have made your point. OSO is not the decision makers for this; let the WP and others make their own unbaised decision.
mpally is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:08 AM
  #25
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member
 
Griff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Omaha
My Boats: .......32............. ...............Active Thunder....
Posts: 15,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlark View Post
There is a similar type thread going on over at MidwestBoatParty with respect to volunteers. Is this one in the same.
BuddyOO = wiggler4490
Griff is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:23 AM
  #26
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: st. louis,mo.
Posts: 1,647
Default

I'm simply informing the members here of important facts of relevance that have been relayed to me thru my week of research for the best overall shootout experience and success. I believe not being able to televise the event is a fact everyone who goes to view and support the event are entitled to know about, I'm not aware of anyone on water patrol that would be on this site, and that is not why I'm posting these facts, sorry you feel that way, and at this late date I just hope someone gets it and keeps the event going, but the longer it takes to get a decision the more apt the event will not have time to be properly organized.good luck to all
Buddy OO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:24 AM
  #27
Registered
 
gsmith9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: tulsa, oklahoma
Posts: 1,870
Default

Keep giving the facts buddy oo. There will always be someone than wants it at there favorite location but the bottom line is, LETS KEEP THE SHOOTOUT!
gsmith9898 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:57 AM
  #28
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Omaha, NE, LOTO
My Boats: 05' Sunsation Dominator
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy OO View Post
I'm simply informing the members here of important facts of relevance that have been relayed to me thru my week of research for the best overall shootout experience and success. I believe not being able to televise the event is a fact everyone who goes to view and support the event are entitled to know about, I'm not aware of anyone on water patrol that would be on this site, and that is not why I'm posting these facts, sorry you feel that way, and at this late date I just hope someone gets it and keeps the event going, but the longer it takes to get a decision the more apt the event will not have time to be properly organized.good luck to all
Your completely right, televised is an important part in my mind. It's almost a better experience than being tied up in the spectator line.
chevyzq8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:28 AM
  #29
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
fountain4play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Omaha - LOTO
My Boats: Nor-Tech 3600 SuperCat "Suppression"
Posts: 1,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpally View Post
Why do you constantly tear apart the other potential sites? I would have to beleive the WP and other governing bodies look at this website. We all know you want Dog Days to get it, but lets not tear apart the other proposals for the WP to see. We all know Dog Days is the best location, with the best parking, best docks, and the Shootout can be televised there. You have made your point. OSO is not the decision makers for this; let the WP and others make their own unbaised decision.
It's all going to come down to who puts forth the best package and that would include everything from parking, access to the course, participants and spectator safety and other things such as media coverage...

I don't doubt some local officials are one "OSO" but it's highly improbable that anyone in an official capacity with the WP are monitoring this site, they surely have better things to do than to look at differing voices from the grandstand.

Let's just hope something gets finalized as soon as possible to allow whomever is the successful party to have enough time to organize the event properly...
fountain4play is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:33 PM
  #30
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: st. louis,mo.
Posts: 1,647
Default

WE'VE GOTTEN very few names for volunteers and only a handful of Sponsors, Ask for support from OSO, and not even a support thread, I appreciate the support for those who offered their time and $. We would need a ton more volunteers and Sponsors to pull off a successful shootout, thought there would be alot more support here but not much interest, it's too bad we were unable to get the support to prove to Water Patrol we had plenty off volunteers and financial contributions from Sponsors. Does'nt look very promising for 2008, maybe next year.
Buddy OO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Buddy OO
General Boating Discussion
80
11-03-2010 07:08 PM
Buddy OO
General Boating Discussion
1
11-02-2007 04:32 PM
dykstra
General Boating Discussion
10
07-10-2005 08:57 PM
Warp & Woof
Fountain
12
02-11-2002 03:34 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.