Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need Volunteers and Sponsors- LOTO SHOOTOUT >

Need Volunteers and Sponsors- LOTO SHOOTOUT

Notices

Need Volunteers and Sponsors- LOTO SHOOTOUT

Old 11-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

I wish you well and understand your statements with respect to getting people to commit. Signing up is the easy part. Somewhere between MWBP and here someone mentioned a 1 day event and the removal of some classes. Just throwing some thing out for discussion aware that mech. problems blow a shot at running if there is not a Sunday program, but a condensed version for Sat. only may be better to start since your back to square one.

questions

Is it also possible that some of the staff would be available to help out from past years even though they are not running it in an official capacity ?

and

Where the heck is the local chamber of commerce on this !!! With the revenue this thing pumps into the locals you would think the phones would be ringing in Jeff. City giving more time to orginize and/or showing the willingness to make this happen outside of 2 websites. A few of the burbs around KC has festivals in the fall and or spring and chamber members are asked to serve in some capacity. Have they been contacted or perhaps 4 Seasons, Tan Tara about donating staff for this event ??

Last edited by tlark; 11-28-2007 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 325 Likes on 126 Posts

I think many people are like myself. We want to help, have signed up to help, but need direction from the "powers" as to what you need help with.

I think too, that untill the site and program is official, everyone is just waiting to hear. then everything will start moving in fast forward and people will jump in with both feet to help. But again, they (I) would need to be told what they needed. us to help with.

Yes, for OSO there was fewer people that showed than was expected for patrol boats, but it went just fine, infact I think everyone who helped last year has basically already signed up for next year, as well as people that saw how it went, then inquired how they too could join in. It grows....

Hopefully we will here news in the next couple of weeks, so we can all get Officially started"

finally, dont worry about not succeeding, only looking forward, this is how things get done! What is the old saying: Failure is not an option!
Old 11-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buddy OO
In the past all the Volunteers were fire fighters around the area,
Uh...no Many were but by no means were all.

My only criticism is they should have said after the 18th event that the FFD would only plan the 19th so if the local chamber or other organization wanted to keep it going they would have had a year to learn and get ready.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the latest word on talks?
Old 11-30-2007, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone talk to the Midwestcoast group to see if they were interested. They already run summerfest of whatever they are calling the ski tournament.

I also know a couple years ago there was some talk amongst their board that they would take over the shootout some day.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:44 PM
Registered

I believe the Midcouastgroup also had something to do with the OSS race last October. I have had a little communication with someone from that org. for other issues; I will shoot an email out to them inquiring about interest.

If they have interest, whom should I tell them will be contacting them?
Old 12-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Registered

I talked to Willie Glickert from Mid Coast Group last night and he expressed sincere interest in helping put this event together. As a matter of fact, he has already been in talks with water patrol and some local business owners about this years event.

Jim or whoever wants to go with this and maybe get Mid Coast Group's help with it PM me and I'll give you Willie's contact info, he told me to do this.

Willie was a co-chairman for the OSS race this October and they are doing it again in '08. Mid Coast Group is very interested in the 20th annual Shootout!
Old 12-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pumpakee
Klondike eporting, shootout will be in the same location as last year. WP met monday.

Can you give more specific details?
Old 12-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boater31v
I talked to Willie Glickert from Mid Coast Group last night and he expressed sincere interest in helping put this event together. As a matter of fact, he has already been in talks with water patrol and some local business owners about this years event.

Jim or whoever wants to go with this and maybe get Mid Coast Group's help with it PM me and I'll give you Willie's contact info, he told me to do this.

Willie was a co-chairman for the OSS race this October and they are doing it again in '08. Mid Coast Group is very interested in the 20th annual Shootout!
Willie just about run the whole deal. Trust me I was there.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Banned

Another fruitless Buddy 00 deal??

I still wonder about the lifetime warranty hi performance diesels?

Quick Reply: Need Volunteers and Sponsors- LOTO SHOOTOUT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.