Whats going on with Fred @ Trick? >

Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Notices

Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Old 11-19-2007, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts

i purchased a steering wheel off ebay from them, got it in 3 days with no problems. that was in the begining of november.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Heath@TrickMarine
I will keep this short and sweet since I'm not sure what to think of this situation yet, I worked for Trick marine about a year and a half ago and left because the business was run very un-professionally...I won't go into the major details out of respect for Fred but I saw this coming a long time ago and to save my own reputation I decided it was best for me to step away from the company...The store inventory message does not surprise me however since I was present when he closed another business of his in the same fashion...I do know that Fred has always had the best of intentions but didn't quite handle business the way it should be handled...for the most part it was because of employees with lack of experience and knowledge in the boating industry taking customers orders....I sincerely hope that he makes the right decison with regards to the people he still owes parts to including myself.

-Heath Blondin
Wow, thats a stong statement of the potential situation...
Old 11-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Registered

his business started to suffer during the Big Scotty investigation and couldnt fill the orders because he was calling offshoredrillin 3 times a day belly aching
Old 11-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whos big scotty?
Old 11-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by stecz20
whos big scotty?
Attached Images  
Old 11-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if packin poop would have gone straight to the police none of this would have happened.....
Old 11-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All this really makes me sick. I have had the utmost respect for Fred. I really hope all is well with him and his family. This just doesn't seem like normal TOO Old's way of doing bussines.

I really feel for all you guys on the hook for parts from a bussines that sure apears to be shutting down, by liquidating remaining parts on Ebay.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Heath@TrickMarine
I will keep this short and sweet since I'm not sure what to think of this situation yet, I worked for Trick marine about a year and a half ago and left because the business was run very un-professionally...I won't go into the major details out of respect for Fred but I saw this coming a long time ago and to save my own reputation I decided it was best for me to step away from the company...The store inventory message does not surprise me however since I was present when he closed another business of his in the same fashion...I do know that Fred has always had the best of intentions but didn't quite handle business the way it should be handled...for the most part it was because of employees with lack of experience and knowledge in the boating industry taking customers orders....I sincerely hope that he makes the right decison with regards to the people he still owes parts to including myself.

-Heath Blondin

Sounds like trying to turn a hobby into a business.....
Old 11-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP
Something had to be up a year or more ago when the big change in suppliers happened first Trick (lost or dropped) KE and CP Performance, then switched Header and Gauge manufacturers.

Yep, I thought back then that the writing was on the wall with those changes. Plus we all know Fred doesn't stick with anything to long. Look at the number of boats and businesses he's had.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 11-19-2007 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Be nice
Old 11-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Registered

I think this thread being "unlocked" brought back speaks volumes

Quick Reply: Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.