Whats going on with Fred @ Trick? >

Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Notices

Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Old 11-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaBennett
I understand that everyone wants their orders, but let's not start feeding on our own. There are many post on here that praise Fred / Trick for being the BEST and far superior to the other so called suppliers. Fred has always be good to me and done everything that he can to get my rig running and back in the water. I will just have to give Fred the benefit of the doubt and wait to hear from HIM.
I agree....but I am concerned...
Old 11-13-2007, 05:11 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I gave up a year ago. I understand alot has gone on, but my last order was placed 2 months before his son was killed, 4 months later I finally had to get my money back from the C.C. and buy elsewhere. James told me no less than 6 times he would take care of it...never got a return call.

Last edited by t500hps; 11-13-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I fully agree with the others here to cut Fred a little slack.
I also agree a little communication from Fred and his gang could go a long way.
I remember when Fred was still flippin' burgers, and was just contemplating this idea of getting into the marine business.
We all knew he has integrity. And we encouraged him to do it.
I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of his problems in getting your parts out are more of him having a problem trying to get them from the manufacturer.
Let's face it, this is the marine business. There is a timewarp in every other area of the marine business. 2 weeks turns quickly into 6. And I think all the dealers are victims of that time warp. Fred included. We all had high hopes it would be different with him, but I truely think it is out of his control.
He's still in the early stages of this business, and likely doesn't have the capital (or chooses not) to "stock" many parts, in all the various colors and configurations that are available.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the way the diehards defend old Freddy no matter what. I gave him one chance when he started out and he failed miserably, never tried again.
If this was Joe Blow Marine you guys would all be talking bats again...test period over.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I fully agree with the others here to cut Fred a little slack.
I also agree a little communication from Fred and his gang could go a long way.
I remember when Fred was still flippin' burgers, and was just contemplating this idea of getting into the marine business.
We all knew he has integrity. And we encouraged him to do it.
I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of his problems in getting your parts out are more of him having a problem trying to get them from the manufacturer.
Let's face it, this is the marine business. There is a timewarp in every other area of the marine business. 2 weeks turns quickly into 6. And I think all the dealers are victims of that time warp. Fred included. We all had high hopes it would be different with him, but I truely think it is out of his control.
He's still in the early stages of this business, and likely doesn't have the capital (or chooses not) to "stock" many parts, in all the various colors and configurations that are available.
Fred was more then flipping burgers he owned the place/places. His ship is sinking fast unfortunately
Old 11-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Fred was more then flipping burgers he owned the place/places. His ship is sinking fast unfortunately
Yes, if you recall, I was also here back in the day.
I believe he owned 7-9 burger flings, and wanted to get out and get into marine. If I'm not mistaken, his original intention was to do it more as a hobby - but this business won't let you do that.
It's a tough gig, and yes, if he doesn't handle it correctly, it'll fall apart on him - just like any business. He's been dealt some pretty tough blows, but I agree business is business.
I wish him and his crew the best, and If I can do anything to help, I would, both for Fred, and the customer.
Just speaking my thoughts on the situation.
I think it probably sucks for all involved.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:43 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

I ordered a set of CMI exhaust from Trick Marine last year, they came right away, no problems at all. What name is he using on Ebay? Im in the marine business and it is a tuff job that is very demanding, it is a short season for most, and people dont like to lose time or money, sorry to here about this.

www.WMFwatercraft.com
Old 11-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

While I don't have a dog in this fight at the moment, I've had several very good experiences buying from Fred earlier this year....

Being someone who relies on manufacturers to supply my company with material it is a never ending struggle to get things when were supposed to...Unlike in past years today everyone orders equipment just in time and they never make deliveries even with 10-12 weeks lead time...

One thing that most of my suppliers lack is in communication when something isn't going to be delivered as required usually we have to call and call and hopefully we get a response of some sort...

Hopefully the Fred and people at Trick can do a better job of communicating with their customers even if they don't have any concrete answers...

Just my $.02
Old 11-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoomnfun
Love the way the diehards defend old Freddy no matter what. I gave him one chance when he started out and he failed miserably, never tried again.
If this was Joe Blow Marine you guys would all be talking bats again...test period over.
go stick a sock in
Old 11-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
go stick a sock in
Yep.

Quick Reply: Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.