Notices

Fort Lauderdale/Last Wishes

Old 11-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jassman
Im very sorry to hear about your brother. I will be in Ft. Laud on Thursday late afternoon, then dropping boat in water to take off for the run on early Friday. I can handle 6 people if that will help you in any way, and with the other boats we are leaving with Im certain others will assist as well. Jeff 228-216-0900

That's a stand up gesture Jass!
Old 11-06-2007, 06:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks to all of you for your replies and generosity. We didn't get out of the hospital till 10pm last. The hospice nurse had told us it would be very soon. He had no response while they were moving him into his hospice bed. They removed the IV and his lungs are starting to fill. I just can not believe we spoke on Friday although you could hear the pain in his voice. The deepest pain I feel is for my 86 year old mom. The most difficult thing in my entire life was to tell her last Friday he had 4-6 weeks left. Totally devesting to find out the very next day it was 4-6 days.
Yesterday I was praying hard to keep him alive at least another day. His wife's brother had passed away several years ago on 11/5.

Jassman, I may take you up on that offer. Brian is on the money. Very kind of you to offer. At this point I do not have a total head count but should be at least 10 people.

Again, I really appreciate all the responses on this. OSO has always been my second family.
Stan
Old 11-06-2007, 06:42 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stan,

Jeff J. and I will be at the same marina which might help you if you have more people than one go fast can carry. I offer my 32AT also. I can carry 5 or 6.

Tom Gurley
337-540-8228
Old 11-06-2007, 07:07 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Sorry to hear this Stan. My big boat is still in the shop, so I can't help there. But hopefully the OSO board can help. Prayers to you and your family.
Dean
Old 11-08-2007, 06:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Shortly after my last post on this thread we received a call from hospice to waste no time & get there. When we arrived his eyes were wide open for the first time since Sunday and still non responsive. He definetly had his last burst of energy to say goodbye. I could tell he was listening by the expression in his eyes. Shortly after we all said our goodbyes, his eyes closed and breaths came far apart. It was shortly after noon he took his last breath and went peacefully into God's hands.

Florida has a 48 hour law before cremation upon the death certificate which was signed yesterday. We have an appointment this morning with the funeral home. Should have a better idea later today when his ashes will be available for his final request. I'm speculating Monday and not certain of a final head count at this point.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts, prayers, and support.
Stan
Old 11-08-2007, 06:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Stan,
You, your Brother and the rest of your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Craig and Nancy Hall
Old 11-08-2007, 07:18 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Stan,

First, my condolences to your and yours.

I will keep an eye on this thread. The Active Thunder Factory/camp is returning from Key West on Monday; back to Pompano Beach/14th Street Ramp.

I don't have my boat, and have to catch a flight on Monday evening back to VA; but there will be several boats coming back at the same time, and we might can make this happen.

Drop me a PM or email if you need to reach me. I get both on my Blackberry.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 11-08-2007 at 07:24 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:21 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Stan my heart goes out to you and all your family. I hope that you have luck getting the help you need with the boat. i can no imagine loosing one of my brothers.

Hang in there

Jon
Old 11-08-2007, 07:41 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Stan:

Man so sorry bro on your brothers passing. Atleast now he's not in pain and in a better place. You're such a good guy Stan that great things have to be in your future. Let me know if you need anything!
Old 11-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Quick Reply: Fort Lauderdale/Last Wishes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.