38? The Best Ride In The Rough >

38? The Best Ride In The Rough

Notices

38? The Best Ride In The Rough

Old 11-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris makes an excellent point. I've watched that video many times and always noted how flat it flies. My opinion is either a ballast tank or just weight in the bow. Regardless, it's perfectly ballanced. Whatever drives are in it are also taking a beating and seem to hold up. For what its worth...
Old 11-23-2007, 01:38 PM
BRD
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
Now that would be a silly idea!!!
More Wave Bashing
I know , I know , I know ....
Old 11-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Watching the vid, the boat seemed to like to drop its bow when flying. Is there a ballast tank forward?
I'm really not sure about a ballast tank, couldn't see the drivs or the tabs.

Honestly, I'd rather have the bow dip like that than have the boat trimed out and flightly to where it could launch, trip and stuff.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crb76
Fountain? Tom in his 32 AT 90mph boat smoked, and I mean smoked a 38 Fountain on the way back from KW in 3-5. The Fountain was flopping all over the place. "Built for speed or comfort"? I say speed.
sOUNDS LIKE PRODUCT SUPPORT ON YOUR SIDE AFTER THE fOUNTAIN LEFT THE GAS DOCK HOW DID YOUR FRIENDS 32 DO?
Old 11-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Lmarth
Chris makes an excellent point. I've watched that video many times and always noted how flat it flies. My opinion is either a ballast tank or just weight in the bow. Regardless, it's perfectly ballanced. Whatever drives are in it are also taking a beating and seem to hold up. For what its worth...
You can always run it loose like this at aroud 1:15 in the vid......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNrYqs-OAKE

That ought to get the OL guys going!
Old 11-23-2007, 04:12 PM
BRD
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
That shot, right at :59, is why Apache's are the undisputed gods of rough water.

Watching the vid, the boat seemed to like to drop its bow when flying. Is there a ballast tank forward?
No ballast tank ... We had Mr. Nykamp in the boat thats all ... No really , Actually .... That was the first time I had that boat in any rough water to speak of and I was really just trying to feel it out .... I was running WAY too much tab there at that part of the run, and running about 5 -10 mph too slow as well ... and if you notice at the beginning of the video I've got the boat leaning way too the port , again my bad , had my hands full with it getting it all sorted out , and as fate would have it , right when the camera was rolling ... Too bad we didn't see the chopper on the return leg heading back to GH , as I redeemed myself on that leg ! Gotta say , that may have been the most intense run I've ever had in a poker run on the return leg ... was us , Parnell in his 41 , just killin it I might add ... Mike Vorce in WickedWon ... and Mark Peters in my old triple engine 41 aka "The Destroyer" .... that thing just eats rough water .... made me look like a hero many many times on Lake Erie ...anyway ... Those 4 boats were going at it back and forth , neck and neck , changing leads .... We'd go way up and sky one ... then we'd stay down in a trough ... and one or two of the others would go way up , and all you'd see was the bottoms and a big roar and a splash ..... Man !!!!

Yeah .... maybe I better not sell this one !??!?!?
Old 11-23-2007, 04:18 PM
BRD
Registered

Originally Posted by Lmarth
#6 dry sumps ..... so far , so good .

BTW ... thanks for posting that video again guys .... haven't seen it in a while !
Old 11-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

39 Kryptonite will run well in the rough stuff
Old 11-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hangem out 2dry
What Is The Best Riding 38 In Rough Water,1 To 2 Foot Non Directional Chop.i Am Not Looking To Break The Speed Record, But I Dont Want A Plug That Takes Big Power To Have A Little Fun.just A Good Ride At Cruse Speed After All What Good Is A Fast Boat If You Cant Hammer The Throttles Because Its To Rough.be Honest Because Every One Has There Own Opinion .hope This Will Help Me Decide On Which Boat I Can Live With.
Try getting in to an Active thunder.Take a look at the article in Poker Runs America vol 10#8 for a full review of a nice custom boat with a great blue water ride.
Need more info check with me [email protected]
Old 11-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BRD
BTW ... thanks for posting that video again guys .... haven't seen it in a while !
Anytime!! When it's good it's good!

I thought I remember seeing some video of the other boats running that you were talking about. I think they were posted once before but I couldn't find it on you tube.

Quick Reply: 38? The Best Ride In The Rough

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.