Old 11-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

JimB- understand it now, i will get ahold of you this weekend or monday,
Old 11-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Boomer35 I look forward to talking to you.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMB
bouyhunter, That is a very good question about not being USCG approved. Lifeline jackets are not USCG approved because they are custom made, one at a time. Not every jacket they produce is the same. I can tell you that these are the only jackets that I'm aware of that will not come off your body if you are ejected from the boat. And they will turn you face up in the water if you happen to be unconscious.
That's what I'd heard, and I know everyone swears by them.
I have limited space for storage in my boat, and I'm only gonna wear a vest when I'm running hard (but lanyard all the time).
Does the CG/water patrol give you any hassle if you have these on board if inspected? I guess what I'm asking is, let's say I have me and the wife, and two guests on board. I have two orange standard issue PFD's for my guests, and I have two lifelines for me and the wife. Although I'm technically not compliant, (No Cert on the LL jackets) am I gonna run into a PITA with the fish cops?
Let me say, I'm just asking questions. I understand this is probably the best way to save your life in a bad situation, But in a normal day boating with no unexpected occurrences, if I'm boarded am I gonna run into problems with the fish cops?

Last edited by bouyhunter; 11-15-2007 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Registered
Gold Member

bouyhunter, I have never heard of any problems with any type of law enforcement concerning the use or having Lifeline jackets aboard as PFDs.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Registered

I'm in for at least 2 probably more.

Canadian Coast Guard regs are more strict than US regs - you must have a CCG vest for every person on board - and at last summer's poker run they didn't even raise an eyebrow.

Just FYI.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Registered

I need to scrape together a couple $$ and get in on this buy.
Thanks for the info.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Tony Montana, I would like to take just a moment here to thank you for all you have done to get this thread started.
This has been an exciting intro for me here at OSO, So on behalf of myself and I'm sure everyone else who's participating in this great buy, THANK YOU. Jim Brown
Old 11-15-2007, 08:16 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JIMB
Tony Montana, I would like to take just a moment here to thank you for all you have done to get this thread started.
This has been an exciting intro for me here at OSO, So on behalf of myself and I'm sure everyone else who's participating in this great buy, THANK YOU. Jim Brown

No problemo. Thanks for hooking us up.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since every other PFD on the planet is CG ceritfied, I doubt it would even occur to any officer to check for the cert. That is, unless he's a performance boater .
Old 11-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Since every other PFD on the planet is CG ceritfied, I doubt it would even occur to any officer to check for the cert. That is, unless he's a performance boater .
Yeah, but it'd just be my luck to get cited.
I'd rather have my wife and I alive if there were an incident, than to have us checking out Davey Jones locker and be within regulations.

Quick Reply: Life Line group buy is on!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.