Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Pet First health insurance >

Pet First health insurance

Notices

Pet First health insurance

Old 11-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definatly read the fine print on all of these policies......I wish I had it on my wifes Pekinese last year........went for 6 grand on MRI's, spinal surgery, medicine, and vet hospital stay.........he had a disc go out and it actually paralized him from his mid section down........poor dog was dragging himself around the house...........all fixed up now though............my wife has some sort of policy for him now.

Last edited by Here's Johnny; 11-24-2007 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I would not recommend it. We had it for our Yellow Lab Magnum until he was 2. It was surprising the amount of things that were not covered. All the literature seemed fairly comprehensive...up until his first $3,000.00 shoulder surgery.
I have a friend that tells a story about $3,500.00 pairs of socks their Golden Retriever has found for them. When you wash and ball up a pair of normal socks, it costs about $3,500.00 to have them surgically removed from a dogs stomach...

Last edited by damdonzi; 11-24-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by damdonzi
I would not recommend it. We had it for our Yellow Lab Magnum until he was 2. It was surprising the amount of things that were not covered. All the literature seemed fairly comprehensive...up until his first $3,000.00 shoulder surgery.
I have a friend that tells a story about $3,500.00 pairs of socks their Golden Retriever has found for them. When you wash and ball up a pair of normal socks, it costs about $3,500.00 to have them surgically removed from a dogs stomach...
Thats a funny story, I've heard of the sock thing (labs do it?) i just think it would be good for catastrophic instances, we have alot of rattlesnakes here and lots of terrain to get cut on along with lots of things to fall off and MJ is a clutz. I do like the credibility of AKC but I need to see the full details of Pet First before I make a decision.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
Whats wrong? Good luck
Not sure really. They think it is a parasite in her intestinal tract. The cat was adopted from a farm. We are still waiting for her to take a poop so that they can test it. She is doing better today they said. My father in law (southerner) thinks we are nuts to spend that much on a animal that we have only had for 3 days (he said just put it down) but I am just a softy I guess. Her sister Gracy misses her A LOT.