Like Tree0Likes

Boating in Dec at 100+mph

Reply
Old 12-01-2007, 05:03 PM
  #1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Thread Starter
 
AppSysCons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Port Charlotte, FL
My Boats: CURR: 230LX, PREV:2007 30 Skater, 2003 36 Skater,1998 37 OuterLimits, B-Class race 28 Magnum
Posts: 2,116
Default Boating in Dec at 100+mph

Oh the joys of living in FL.

Earlier today, my 11 year old son and I lowered the Skater of the lift, and spend some time together at 100+mph.

Air-temp: 84
Humidity: 56%
Winds 9mph ENE
Charlotte Harbor, light chop <1ft

POB: 2
Fuel on board upon return to dock: 45
Fuel on board during speed portion of run: 50

Construction details and photos, delivery photos, tons of technical data, and many photos, plus discussion at http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...149139&page=11
Attached Thumbnails
Boating in Dec at 100+mph-d2166.jpg   Boating in Dec at 100+mph-d2168.jpg   Boating in Dec at 100+mph-d2169.jpg  

AppSysCons is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:05 PM
  #2
Rob
VIP Member
Trade Score: (6)
 
Strip Poker 388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison,Mississippi
My Boats: Hustler 388
Posts: 21,567
Default

cool
__________________
.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Strip Poker 388 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:07 PM
  #3
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (7)
 
eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Osage Beach, Missouri - 28mm
My Boats: What ever they let me us
Posts: 2,220
Default

nice 1/2" of ice in our area today
eddie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:09 PM
  #4
Registered
 
steve p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: new jersey
My Boats: 1995 cigarette top gun
Posts: 22
Default

Hey frank, we might get a little snow or winter mix tomorrow so you know what you can do! Was down recently and the weather was great. Glad to see all is well, say hello for me. Steve
steve p is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:12 PM
  #5
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
ACTIVESHACK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Aspen, CO
My Boats: 2007 37' Active Thunder SOLD
Posts: 3,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppSysCons View Post
Oh the joys of living in FL.

Earlier today, my 11 year old son and I lowered the Skater of the lift, and spend some time together at 100+mph.

Air-temp: 84
Humidity: 56%
Winds 9mph ENE
Charlotte Harbor, light chop <1ft

POB: 2
Fuel on board upon return to dock: 45
Fuel on board during speed portion of run: 50

Construction details and photos, delivery photos, tons of technical data, and many photos, plus discussion at http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...149139&page=11
It wasn't like that here today but great for what we were doing Isn't America great
Attached Thumbnails
Boating in Dec at 100+mph-dsc00524.jpg  
ACTIVESHACK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:38 PM
  #6
Registered
 
The Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Bonita Springs, Florida
My Boats: 46 turbined Skater
Posts: 3,029
Default

We ran up through Charlotte Harbor a few days ago. Here we are at Harpoon Harry's.

Read the board under Fort Myers Offshore and join our next fun run.
Attached Thumbnails
Boating in Dec at 100+mph-menace-fmo-g.jpg  
The Menace is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:48 PM
  #7
Registered
 
C M R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ohio / Georgia
Posts: 404
Default

Nice... as I read this the sheriff’s office comes across the TV stating we are now under a level 1 snow emergency.

I'm not complaining though we were in KW just a few weeks ago.
C M R is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 09:15 PM
  #8
Gold Member
Gold Member
Thread Starter
 
AppSysCons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Port Charlotte, FL
My Boats: CURR: 230LX, PREV:2007 30 Skater, 2003 36 Skater,1998 37 OuterLimits, B-Class race 28 Magnum
Posts: 2,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve p View Post
Hey frank, we might get a little snow or winter mix tomorrow so you know what you can do! Was down recently and the weather was great. Glad to see all is well, say hello for me. Steve
Next time you get down here, you need to call me. The last time you were here, we could not get the OuterLimits off the lift, due to a very low winter tide. Next time, we will hope for just a little more water, and go have some fun. My office number is 941-697-0200.

I still think alot about the race boat days, when we were living the dream. Everyone here, has fond memories of those days.

Always good to hear from you.

Last edited by AppSysCons; 12-01-2007 at 09:23 PM.
AppSysCons is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 09:53 PM
  #9
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
glassdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: toledo oh
My Boats: Batboat, 38 Scarab Thunder, 16 Sidewinder, 27 Magnum
Posts: 12,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePassion38 View Post
Nice... as I read this the sheriff’s office comes across the TV stating we are now under a level 1 snow emergency.

I'm not complaining though we were in KW just a few weeks ago.
No kid'in, this sux! I just walked out to the beach here on the lake about a half hour ago (dont ask me why) it is pure evil out there. Got my azz back in the house quick. Its blow'in pretty good and the snow stopped out here but i could see a band of snow over the western end of lake Erie, could see Monroe and Detroit glowing in it. Oh well . . . . head'in back to Fla on Thursday . . . screw this!
__________________
Throttles- Cleveland Construction 377 Talon
08 OPA Class 1 National Champion
08 Class 1 Geico Triple Crown Champion
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
glassdave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:28 PM
  #10
Registered
 
C M R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ohio / Georgia
Posts: 404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
No kid'in, this sux! I just walked out to the beach here on the lake about a half hour ago (dont ask me why) it is pure evil out there. Got my azz back in the house quick. Its blow'in pretty good and the snow stopped out here but i could see a band of snow over the western end of lake Erie, could see Monroe and Detroit glowing in it. Oh well . . . . head'in back to Fla on Thursday . . . screw this!
It's gotta be cold coming off the lake!

I talked to some family from down river (Riverview) earlier this evening and they were getting hit then. I tell you what it sure is nice here during the summer but man once this cold sh*t hits I'm all for the south!!
C M R is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Magicfloat
General Boating Discussion
42
04-08-2008 07:12 PM
rumblfish1966
General Q & A
5
02-28-2008 08:17 PM
overbored
General Boating Discussion
109
10-13-2004 01:24 AM
kathycool
Sonic
8
01-06-2003 10:15 AM
Ryan Beckley
General Boating Discussion
25
12-10-2002 02:58 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.