Old 12-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I Wonder If There Was A Problem With The Fly-bye Wire System
Old 12-03-2007, 01:00 PM
RHC
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Otis was having a cup!! now there's a credible witness . Hope all are OK,, and your correct Jupiter ,, those Verado's are real loud !

RHC
Old 12-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Registered

Not at all a laughing matter, but there is something really funny about the title to this thread....
Old 12-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Registered

This remined me, I have to go back to using my old signature.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
By GRETEL SARMIENTO

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Sunday, December 02, 2007

HIGHLAND BEACH "noisy cigarette boat coming up 30 miles an hour."
How about "a sweet sounding cigarette boat coming up 30 miles an hour"?
Old 12-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

http://www.wpbf.com/news/14759232/detail.html

Local news is quoting it may be mechanical failure. The motors are missing in the video.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
http://www.wpbf.com/news/14759232/detail.html

Local news is quoting it may be mechanical failure. The motors are missing in the video.
motors sunk from what I heard
Old 12-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

A"noisy" center console boat with whackers...........

What bunch of dumba$$es.........
Old 12-03-2007, 08:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

I thought that they had recalled all of the 30 Concepts. Someone told me that they were a scary ride due to wrong COG.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:19 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by rbr2328
10 years ago this week this accident occured. Does anyone know anything about this one?
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,3691005.story
Yes, I do.
I spent most of the afternoon changing the oil and tuning-up the 3 engines in that 45' Sonic. I had it running better than it ever had before. I was surprised Stan still wanted to use it that night because it was very cool and dark early that evening. It was on a Hydro-Hoist across from Shooters.

Anyway, Stan picked-up his girlfriend from the airport around 7:15 PM and brought her back to the boat. They went by water to Pier 66 and had dinner. On the way back the collision occurred. Months later I testified as an expert witness in the case.

This is my opinion:
The jury completely disregarded the physical evidence. The starboard and center Bravo 1's were completely sheared off and hanging by the indicator cables. The port drive looked like nothing touched it. The port drive was not turned to either side, it was perfectly straight. The Tiara was raised and the rudders were both turned hard to port. The prosecution's experts testified that the boats impacted on the starboard side of the Tiara at a 22 degree angle. Had the Tiara had any reasonable structural integrity where it was hit, the boats should have bounced off one another. Instead the Sonic penetrated the Tiara just aft of the helm and went over the transom. The Tiara was on the bottom in less than a minute with 6 dead people on board. Three died from blunt trauma and three died from drowning. It was a very sad night for boating.

The media went crazy because Stan was a successful businessman with a loud, fast "Cigarette" speedboat, a hot, young girlfriend and a Harley-Davidson; among other toys. It didn't help he lived in the penthouse apartment across from Shooters. Stan and Debbie shared a bottle of wine over dinner and at least 1/3 of it was on the boat with them heading home. When the marine patrol saw the bottle on board, they immediately assumed alcohol impairment. Stan's defense lawyer told me his blood samples were 48 hours old before they were tested and were contaminated.

I feel the system made an example of Stan with the harsh sentence. The physical evidence obviously showed the Tiara captain panicked and turned in front of the Sonic. Stan lived and the people on the Tiara did not, so Stan got it shoved so far up his a$$, he'll probably never walk a free man again.

Quick Reply: Another one bites the dust!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.