Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Another one bites the dust! >

Another one bites the dust!

Notices

Another one bites the dust!

Old 12-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gotcha, sorry for that, i thought i read both vessels north bound in one of those articles
Old 12-05-2007, 10:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's a sad story. Regardless of any of the other factors, the alcohol was probably the most damaging part of this situation.

Setting aside the "innocent until proven guilty" fantasy, once you get enough people to decide, whether through emotion or political opportunism, that you're guilty or innocent, the rest of the process is just for show- a technicality. Like in the case of the OJ jury- the trial was a waste of time. In this case, a big, loud, flashy boat and booze on board most likely made it real easy for alot of folks to make their minds up in advance.

Whether or not the driver was innocent or guilty, had ther been no booze and less "flash", he may have had a shot at telling his story. I always try to remember there are plenty out there who would love to see me roast just for the sport of it.

I was just thinking about this thread when I see this vid posted in the Cig forum of a Gladiator booming off of a lake and into the mouth of a river at 100mph.

Last edited by Chris Sunkin; 12-05-2007 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Registered

i dont know much about it , from what i read, but what i do know first hand that any vessel hit there will split like that, in about 98ish we had 2 yamaha wave raiders collide, one was hit at almost a 90 degree angle on the starboard side, it was hit with the bow of the other one, punched a hole all the way through it, broke the engine mounts and pushed the engine through the hull, the machine that hit it, had nothing more than some minor cracks in the bow.a midship hit is not good
Old 12-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Registered
VIP Member

When I first saw the Tiara I thought the Sonic t-boned it from the damage I could see. It was the experts that stated the Sonic hit it at a 22 degree angle. Think of how shallow a 22 degree angle is. The boats should have bounced off each other.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
When I first saw the Tiara I thought the Sonic t-boned it from the damage I could see. It was the experts that stated the Sonic hit it at a 22 degree angle. Think of how shallow a 22 degree angle is. The boats should have bounced off each other.
I agree - just like in the movies. Like - face-off with the two scarabs
Old 12-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I agree - just like in the movies. Like - face-off with the two scarabs
I'm amazed nobody went after S-2 Yachts the way the Tiara hull and deck failed. That boat afforded no protection whatsoever to those poor people on board.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Registered

I am not suggesting we wake up Ralph Nader on the boats but I assume there are not any safety standards by the government. We couldn't afford them then. Not saying the manufactures dosen't have a responsibility.

Last edited by dwtinc; 12-05-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Registered

Can we get back to the Concept for a minute??? Does anybody have an idea why the sudden turn into the sea wall?? Also what happened to rip off both engines??
Old 12-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Colt's Neck, NJ!! Do you know Tina Fury?
Old 12-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Registered

I knew a Mike Fury. How old maybe my brother knows her.

Quick Reply: Another one bites the dust!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.