Like Tree0Likes

Speed differance between salt & fresh water

Old 12-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: 1974 magnum sport 540 with a wicked scorpion racing engines tune up job...

If it was me i would call bblades.........I am not some spokesman, i have just read a ton of stuff on here and they seem to be the best...He has a great backround with props and seems like a real nice guy.....

With that being said i am no rich guy with a ton of money...If i was and i am going to send my prop out this winter... it is going to bblades...

I think you could gain a lot from prop work, especially if you have done all the other upgrades..........Post some pics of your ride i would love to see it...........
Old 12-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Registered

I will have to see if my friend has a pic of my boat. I don't have any here. All at the lake house. You say bBlades which I have nothing against and I see they are a sponsor here. What about Throttle Up? You know anything about them. I know they are working on CNC props.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: 1974 magnum sport 540 with a wicked scorpion racing engines tune up job...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwtinc View Post
I will have to see if my friend has a pic of my boat. I don't have any here. All at the lake house. You say bBlades which I have nothing against and I see they are a sponsor here. What about Throttle Up? You know anything about them. I know they are working on CNC props.
I have heard good things about both.....I just know more history about bblades then i due about throttle up.....I have not read anything negative about them....
Old 12-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Registered

My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace

For props both COs are great, at 750na what cu in do you have are they dynoed. you got 3# so boxes will work but you will have to move the motors up, that means exhaust holes being moved also with the drive holes. when guys have bravos you have a chance to do with a 1'', 2'' 3'' shortie drive so you don't have to move anything. by adding boxes to your set up it would be like putting your drives lower in the water if you did not move stuff . so your talking about 8 to 10 g's to have boxes and someone to move your set up ,up 3''. and then starts the runs to see if you need spaces or if its fine. it would be cheaper to put 2 blowers on I think.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Registered

I have 598's in it and they were dynoed some time ago at 738 hp and he didn't print me a sheet. It was Hawk and I wasn't really impressed with the whole thing. He told me prior that they were going to be at 800. It was before Hawk sold I have since learned. I was there when he ran them so I know the hp was correct. If not they probably would of told me 800. I have since changed some things internally and with any hope I increased not hurt hp. I also was greatly concerned with the torqe curve when I made my changes. Does my numbers seem close to you for weight versus set up. I have considered blowers but find it differant to stay without them. Most bigger boat at the Ozarks have them. What about Konrads. Do they increase top speed?
Old 12-05-2007, 07:46 AM
Banned

My Boats: all

We have raced for years in "A" and "B" class with about 8 different boats. Almost in ever case we have seen 2-3 mph from fresh water to salt, not included Horsepower correction gains that were made being at sea level.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Registered

Konrad poasted yesterday they are working or testing #3 replacements, probably shorter lowers in the works, they claim their TRS conversion is faster as it is a little bit shorter.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Registered

My Boats: PREMIER PERFORMANCE BOAT DEALERSHIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhorsepower1 View Post
We have raced for years in "A" and "B" class with about 8 different boats. Almost in ever case we have seen 2-3 mph from fresh water to salt, not included Horsepower correction gains that were made being at sea level.
Same here...we have seen an average of 2 MPH gain in salt water ........ I would tend to think that atmospheric conditions play a major role in that gain. The stories still have the buoyancy factor of salt water as the reason.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Registered
VIP Member

My Boats: None

Hard to duplicate exact temps and sea levels, but 2-3 MPH faster in salt seemed to always be reasonable to expect.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:05 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

My Boats: SeaDoo RXP & RXP-X, Stryker Equalizer 28, Eliminator Daytona Jet

I run both all the time, but my fresh water is downhill so the difference depends on how fast the river is flowing and whether the tide is ebbing or flowing. Good river flow combined with ebb tide is sometimes good for 3-4 mph