Notices

Better Image

Old 12-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fund razor
Yeah those ads should be pulled.

And another thing: Why don't they stop calling them "Cigarettes?" Namimg the boats "Cigarette" is causing our nations young people to smoke, because they are glamourizing the Cigarette. Why should a harmful product that is unlawful for kids to use be advertised in this way.

Just like Joe Camel had to go for the safety of our children, they should have to change the name to CR boats or Number 1boats or something.

People should stop buying Cigarette boats until the name is changed to something more socially responsible.

People who own them should voluntarily place a cover over the large emblem on their hull side and have generic cushions and combings made where necessary.

Only this will protect our children.
Many of people with comments like this... and the Marla.. Mona,, (whatever) in the Powerboat mag. are lucky they in the US. They would absolutely choke on their own breath gasping for air if they live in Europe, (France, Italy the Netherlands etc.) and see adds totaly nude, etc. on taxis, buses, bill boards... THe answer to theyoung generations future is not to hide the world we live in and shelter them from society, but to provide them with good education, morals, character and principles so they are READY for the world and the f''ed up society. If one is offended by some add, it just shows that they were not prepared by their parents and all they have in life is to complaine to justify their short comings. I have yet to see a dieting add or exercise add with out a good looking woman as "result".
I wonder how many woman would take up on the diet or exercise routine with out the "wish" of getting a result they see. If you don't like the add.. turn the page.. you don't like what you see on tv, change the channel. If tha't not enough choices.. I would gladly help them move to the Middle East where they don't have to worry about seeing any skin or allowed even to read magasines or access to tv.
I do respect their oppinion. That's a given freedom we all have. I do not respect the silly complaints becouse they want to be wannabees. Just my .03 (most of the time.. I have more then just .02
BTW.. my GF wants me to buy a Cig. She loves the adds. And she keeps draging me into the bedroom.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
BTW.. my GF wants me to buy a Cig. She loves the adds. And she keeps draging me into the bedroom.
The tough things in life you have to endure.......
Old 12-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Registered

ChiefApache and I aren't saying we're offended - we just think that there's usually a classier way to advertise. Cigarette usually does a pretty good job but there's a lot of ads that just plop a naked girl on the bow (pretty or not) and call it done. I just think some thought and/or class could be used.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DonziChick
ChiefApache and I aren't saying we're offended - we just think that there's usually a classier way to advertise. Cigarette usually does a pretty good job but there's a lot of ads that just plop a naked girl on the bow (pretty or not) and call it done. I just think some thought and/or class could be used.
Nicely said!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

She probably wrote her letter during the commercial breaks of her daytime soaps. I've seen soft-core flicks with less action.

Let's not even talk about what her kids are watching on MTV.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Registered

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefApache89
Nicely said!
Absolutely no disagreement here. No matter what advertised and how. Class is in,
(Check out some of the bike and hot rods adds. GGrrrrr)

Last edited by PARADOX; 12-11-2007 at 10:00 AM.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Registered

Quote:

Absolutely no disagreement here. No matter what advertised and how. Class is in,
(Check out some of the bike and hot rods adds. GGrrrrr)
I mean, when my husband (and I'm sure Thrill asks the same of Donzi), asks me to get up on the bow, I certainly make sure that I do it in a classy way (minus the heels of course )!
Old 12-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ChiefApache89
I mean, when my husband (and I'm sure Thrill asks the same of Donzi), asks me to get up on the bow, I certainly make sure that I do it in a classy way (minus the heels of course )!
LOL.. Naaah. I love heels, I'l make some nice nylon, soft heel covers so you (and others) can wear them on the decks.
Hmm. New busines venture??? any intrest?
Old 12-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Registered

LOL.. Naaah. I love heels, I'l make some nice nylon, soft heel covers so you (and others) can wear them on the decks.
Hmm. New busines venture??? any intrest?
You might be on to something Paradox! Sperry soft heels......I can see it now.....
Old 12-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Personally I like the ads and wish they would re-think their position on not allowing them...

This PC crap is way out of control when a very small minority objects it changes everything for the majority of people who either like them or don't care one way or another...

Every issue of "PB" has something that I have no interest in and I just move to something that does, plain and simple if you don't like it or approve don't subscribe, but ruining it for the masses is B.S.....

just my $.02

Quick Reply: Better Image

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.