It's cold here Need new job >

It's cold here Need new job

Notices

It's cold here Need new job

Old 12-13-2007, 12:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
I love Ft Myers! Im in/from Ohio and Ft Myers is the only place in Florida Id want to be.

Do you ever go to Tims Place? (Channel Mark)

Channel Mark - you bet. Nice place to hang by the water - decent food too. Ft. Myers is the best spot for the younger (I'm 36 - if you can still call that young) crowd in SW Florida. Where in Ohio is your town??

I've got a feeling were all gonna have to meet up on Putin' Bay for the 4th of July. Man, what a party!
Old 12-13-2007, 01:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dwtinc
You all have to admit. There is no better water in the US than Florida. I have been all up the west coast and up the north east coast and along the gulf states from Texas over to Florida. The only thing I have found that is so boater friendly is the Ozarks and like I said it gets cold there. It is 31 degrees right now at the Lake and my computer says its 76 in Lauderdale

The water down here is awesome. But like I say down here - "you gotta pay a price to live in paradise". Everything costs more and the homes are much smaller than you might be accustomed to up North. But you get to live outdoors on the lanai (screened porch) a lot. If you can secure a good job first - go for it. If not, come down for the winters.

As for the folks down here - well, um, I'm an Ohio boy. Half the folks seem to be from the New York area. I certainly do not want to offend the fine people on OSO from that area, but let's just say Europe was less of a culture shock. But it's the white trash and immigrants you need to watch out for. I recall a quote - "folks in Florida are either running from something or running to something". A lot of bad people flee to Florida and you must live in the nicer areas - which is not cheap.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:24 AM
Registered

Mark, I have always traveled to the Lauderdale area and know more about over there. I have friends in the Ft Myers area and I want to experience what it has to offer. Any suggestions or what not to do would be appreciated. I have been through there but never had time to stop. With the economy hurting there I just thought it might be an opportunity for a cheaper time to get in.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dwtinc
Mark, I have always traveled to the Lauderdale area and know more about over there. I have friends in the Ft Myers area and I want to experience what it has to offer. Any suggestions or what not to do would be appreciated. I have been through there but never had time to stop. With the economy hurting there I just thought it might be an opportunity for a cheaper time to get in.

Ft. Lauderdale is great. But I chose this coast because it is far safer in my opinion. As for Ft. Myers - you want to be in the South West portion of the Fort. Cape Coral is a real value and tons of reasonable priced gulf access property. Also - you want to be in the South West portion of the Cape - but the North West will be excellent in a few years. Definitely a great time to get in cheap. I'm a Realtor here. I would be happy to show you around if you come down before I move back to Ohio. If you want to be on water, find the right property and buy it. If offwater - wait till the middle of next year. Same with condos. Check out our web site: www.sagerealtor.com - it is packed with tons of info.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
You like Florida? Why? We have the rudest, most self-centered, selfish, inconsiderate, rotten people living here in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area. Most of the people would just as soon run you over on the highway or in the supermarket with their carts. Forget anyone looking you in the eye. If you're nice and polite to people, they mistake it for weakness and try to take advantage of you.
The only reasonable people you'll meet here are from the midwest.
If I wasn't so damn old and established here I would leave and start over somewhere else.

Oh yeah, the tap water sucks and never gets cold. Most of the cops are idiots and couldn't solve a crime if their lives depended on it.

Otherwise it's a pretty nice place to live.
That is the most honest, true and well put statement I have ever heard.....HOORAY FOR YOU
Old 12-13-2007, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have ya ever worked in a machine shop???

We are looking for machine operators, but usually require some experience. The pay isnt all that great, but the company is very stable. We are a Medical Device manufacturer. We make Knee, Hip, Spine and Dental implants, in my shop we only do the dental stuff, but we are knocking down walls, and receiving new machines daily, we are even moving machines out of NJ, and Indiana, and picking up production in South FL.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

You might want to consider the Ormond area. Close enough to everything, but far enough to stay out of the FL cliche. (hour from Jax and 3.5 to S. Florida, 2 hours to Tampa) There is plenty of waterfront property and the market is dropping low enough to make it semi-affordable. If your not looking to be right on the water and within less than a mile, lots of affordability.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:02 AM
Registered

I worked in a automotive machine shop years ago. I have some knowledge of the business as a friend of mine owns a industrial repair machine shop and I have several friends that work in them. If its operating a machine I would see no problem. I know how to read mics and know I could learn most anything. As far as pay I really don't know what it would cost to live there but I do not require much to live on. I only want to get paid an honest wage for what I am worth. What types of equipment are you talking about? What materials do you work with? Thanks
Old 12-13-2007, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

dwtinc.. Thanks.... that boat is to old and an "F"

Mark any nice lots around Ft Myers to build on??
Old 12-13-2007, 07:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by B one
The problem with Florida is there are to many people from New York and New Jersey in Florida. Thats where the rudest, most self-centered, selfish, inconsiderate people come from.
If there's one thing I can't stand, it's intolerance.

Quick Reply: It's cold here Need new job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.