Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
It's cold here Need new job >

It's cold here Need new job

Notices

It's cold here Need new job

Old 12-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it require specialized training our can someone with some skill operate them? I would assume they have programmers already that takes care of that end. In the town I live in there is only one shop with screw machines and as I understand it they have them for high production and to simplify for the operators so the employer does not have to have as much skilled labor.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

rchevelle71

I think I have one of your titanium plates in my ankle.

bouy... what kind of construction do you do ??
Old 12-13-2007, 08:30 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

I've lived in Miami for 53 years.... about 26 too many...

don't come here, trust me...

Vero, Ormond, Tarpon Springs, Spring Hill, Cape Coral, Venice is where I would look

good luck...

JH
Old 12-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by PARADOX
rchevelle71

I think I have one of your titanium plates in my ankle.

bouy... what kind of construction do you do ??
I WAS a finish carpenter/Project Manager for residential, Did a lot of really high end work when I was in Pittsburgh. 7-8 piece crown type stuff.
Lots of custom kitchens.
When I got to Cincitucky, (the wife had a job offer) no one here was willing to pay what I was used to - nor did they demand the quality that I demanded of myself.
So, I just went into a management position doing purchasing and procurement - monitoring budget vs. output etc...
It's kind of boring, and I miss "creating", and also the job is never done. I liked Construction because when you where done, you could look at it and say " I built that". I can't get that satisfaction anymore.

Last edited by bouyhunter; 12-13-2007 at 08:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Registered

Well its getting bad here in Arizona too! We got those ass clowns from SoCal a while back and now we are being overwhelmed by the fu%#ing Mexicans and Rude Motherf&#king NY and NJ ****heads... Im looking to leave here myself...
Old 12-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I truly understand Bouyunter. Every time I see Disney World's Epcot centern on TV or wherever... , I say to everyone around me... I did part of that. I was a PM for many years untill I started my own Co.
If you ever get down to FLA, let's talk.. I have some contacts whom always looking for good finish carpenters, or PM's for uper end custom homes. These guys paying a few mil for their homes don't care how much a gal of gas cost..
I do commercial stuff so I do care about gas prices..
Old 12-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
No, that's not to far. Do you already have a home there, or are you buying? If you're in the country, any chance you have a barn with space for a 24 Pantera for the rest of the winter - I need to get some more work done so she's ready for paint in the spring. Maybe we could work something out?

I was born down in St. Pete beach, and always wanted to get back down there. But I grew up in Toledo, and yes, the winters were miserable. I started working in Construction at 18, eventually had my own Co., can't believe today that I managed to work outside those winters up there.

Thanks for asking about Riley, unfortunately I had to put have him put down a week after my wife started that thread. If you feel like crying http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...&highlight=dog

I'm in Hebron - you're not far at all. I've been boatless for the past 5 years, and just picked up the Pantera late last summer. Got some projects going on.
What are you running?

Funny, but true story.
My wife and I got married on the beach in St. Pete 4 years ago. We were at a convention in Orlando for the weekend, and had already arranged to have the Notary and everything to do the service on Monday. Had to get the license 24 hrs. before the service. Went to the courthouse in Orlando, and after filling out all the paperwork and paying the fee, they handed us a gift pack.
It included trial size shampoo, soap, maybe a candle, AND rubbers and shave cream.

Sorry to be taking this thread so many different directions dw.

Hey Bouy! I have had this Ohio home for 12 or 13 years. Built half of it with my own two hands. But I don't have a barn. A heated garage (too small for your boat), but no barn. Would have been fun though. I will keep an eye out. Always a possibility around there. Once I get back, I'll be touching base with everybody. You never know.....

We definitely have things in common. I started on the job site as soon as I could hold a brick in each hand and did years in the Summers as a finish carpenter's apprentice. Love the multi piece crown work - it was my Dad's and later my own signature on our homes. We built em' one at a time. I'm sure you know what I mean.

I'm sorry to hear about Riley. I can't look at the thread. My eyes tear up too easily as my dogs are my kids and you already told me the outcome. Guess we are old enough now not to care to admit crying over our pups. Anyway, I'll get in touch as soon as I get up there. My G/F might be stuck down here, but I look forward to meeting the Mrs. Bouy.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Hey Paradox,

No problem on SE Fla RE. If you look to the west coast, use Mark. If you come over here, we will show you property AND a good time.

I am working my way to that MTI one property at a time. Could take a month, could take 10 years. I WILL do it however.

DW. Let me know if I can help in SE Fla.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Thanks Mark. I will drop you an E-mail..soon..

Giiees,,.. Thank gowd spelling doesn't count here. (I just read my own post)

Sounds good to me. Don't worry about your spelling. I'm the worst on OSO!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Hey Paradox,

No problem on SE Fla RE. If you look to the west coast, use Mark. If you come over here, we will show you property AND a good time.

I am working my way to that MTI one property at a time. Could take a month, could take 10 years. I WILL do it however.

DW. Let me know if I can help in SE Fla.

Yup, Cash is the Man on the East Coast.

I'd be happy with a 41 Apache if I lived on your coast.

Quick Reply: It's cold here Need new job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.