Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
'79/'80 Hammond V2150 Challenger >

'79/'80 Hammond V2150 Challenger

Notices

'79/'80 Hammond V2150 Challenger

Old 01-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry cant read any postings.. my email is [email protected] . I dont understand whats up. maybe i dont know how the form works.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Registered

Hammond Challenger V2150 MKII Boat - YouTube

Here is a Video link to my 1982 Challenger MKII V2150. Great Pictures you posted. I very much like the wrap around seating , the two captain chairs in the MKII kinda get in the way when you want to get into sleeper cabin. I spent the night on Lake LBJ Texas ( got an overnight parking ticket $165 ) to film this boat I just got up and running .Unfortunately in my boat the sleeper cabin smells like gas and i dont think there is any getting it out on a 31 year old boat. Not just a whole lot on internet about these great boats. Thanks for your Posts :-)
Old 06-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Registered

Hammond Challenger V2150 MKII Boat - YouTube

sorry didnt mean to double post here. still figuring this site out. guess you cant delete. hmmmmmm .
Old 01-29-2014, 04:07 PM
Registered

Hi fellas.
New here. Didnt mean to pull up a old thread but i thought this would be an appropriate place to start. Like i said im new here and to the boating world in general. Always wanted a boat and am partial to older classics. After reading hunderds of boat threads and looking on craigslist and ebay i finally decided to pull the trigger on a 21' Hammond Challenger. Its the real mcoy with serial # starting with RHH. The boat has been redone to look similar to mini cigarette. Interior has been re-upholsterd about two years ago and looks great. Engine i believe is the original chevy 350 that came with them. (someone correct me if im wrong). Exhaust was routed thru hull and a few chrome parts added. Outdrive is original and recently rebuilt. Has a new bimini top with cover and a new travel cover. All match the blue and white paint scheme. Those are all the good things lol. What isnt so great is the top of the bow. The paint and gell coat are cracking. From the bumper rail down its great. From the rail up its not great. I was told the problem is the boat is flexing. The good news is im getting small supports installed under the bow to prevent the flexing that occurs and a new paint job. (Would like to hear from others who have encountered this problem.) All in all im happy with the boat and really looking forward to the new repair and paint.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:26 PM
Registered

Hi fellas.
New here. Didnt mean to pull up a old thread but i thought this would be an appropriate place to start. Like i said im new here and to the boating world in general. Always wanted a boat and am partial to older classics. After reading hunderds of boat threads and looking on craigslist and ebay i finally decided to pull the trigger on a 21' Hammond Challenger. Its the real mcoy with serial # starting with RHH. The boat has been redone to look similar to mini cigarette. Interior has been re-upholsterd about two years ago and looks great. Engine i believe is the original chevy 350 that came with them. (someone correct me if im wrong). Exhaust was routed thru hull and a few chrome parts added. Outdrive is original and recently rebuilt. Has a new bimini top with cover and a new travel cover. All match the blue and white paint scheme. Those are all the good things lol. What isnt so great is the top of the bow. The paint and gell coat are cracking. From the bumper rail down its great. From the rail up its not great. I was told the problem is the boat is flexing. The good news is im getting small supports installed under the bow to prevent the flexing that occurs and a new paint job. (Would like to hear from others who have encountered this problem.) All in all im happy with the boat and really looking forward to the new repair and paint.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Challengerguy
Hi All,
I'm new here. I've been searching for any other owners of the pre-MKII Challengers. Or that others do still exist.
I bought her off Lake LBJ, near Austin, TX. I was told I'm the 3rd. owner and she's purported to be the "prototype", taken to the lake for dealer demo, and sold there.
Thanx for any input!

BTW - I'll post a couple pics if I figer it out.
check out the scream and fly website there are a few huge challenger threads over there, rm
Old 02-02-2014, 06:43 PM
Registered

Not even close to the same Build quality of Challenger or Shadow
21' Hammond is Nice approved Copy of Hull Designer Mr Linder , But Chop Gun laid Hull.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:28 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are 2150 Strykers out there with factory 502 mags, now thats a river rocket
Old 04-15-2014, 03:24 PM
Registered

I have a 1980 Hammond challenger. It was purchased brand new in Texas by my dealer Don Hyde marine which is up here in ontario and has been in my family ever since. From what I understand, only 8 were made in 1980?
Old 09-24-2014, 11:55 AM
Registered
Gold Member

I had a 'puter crash last November and hadn't checked on this site until now.
YES, Ty has a beautiful/showroom looking boat!
I hope "grandpasboat" is still checking the site. I have pics of a blue/white one in Weatherford, TX.
Maybe that's his?

Quick Reply: '79/'80 Hammond V2150 Challenger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.