Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Race boat grave yard (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/175601-race-boat-grave-yard.html)

RunninHotRacing163.1 12-18-2007 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 2375879)
Do you think a surface drive will fit in the overhead compartment?!:drink:

overhead compartment on a container ship !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i do believe one of the alum ones could be put together and be worth the effort .the rigging & drive #s seemed a bit high .:cool-smiley-011:

Papache 12-18-2007 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by DJD (Post 2374869)
There isn't a link to a site, it was just the pictures you see here. Since I posted this, I have made contact with the guy who took the pictures. Anyone want to make a package deal offer on all the boats with me? I see a few poker runners there!

Are they for sale?

TEAMBAJA 12-18-2007 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by jonyb (Post 2375357)
Guess you missed the part where I said I was a paying member for 3 years and it's not worth it.

Thats a pretty bold statement to make here. You should go to Speedwake and hang out, thats a pretty happening site.

Lofty 12-18-2007 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by RUNNINHOTRACING158 (Post 2375511)
Lofty you really think they would leave these lying around with the drives & gear and would'nt pull them off ??? looks like a plane ride to italy is in order .:cool-smiley-011:

Send the G5, I can leave anytime and I pack light.:drink:

jonyb 12-18-2007 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA (Post 2375946)
Thats a pretty bold statement to make here. You should go to Speedwake and hang out, thats a pretty happening site.

Can we just get this back on topic?

RunninHotRacing163.1 12-18-2007 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA (Post 2375946)

Hey Team Blaha take a chill pill and maybe speedwake is the place to hang out then go there . the guy is a platinum member and looks like hes been around for a few years .:evilb:

fabricator 12-18-2007 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! (Post 2375455)
a 45' x 12' pile of scrap aluminum in my yard! :D

Oooooooooh. You just said the magic word. I wonder what one of those would bring at the recycler????

Holy $****. I should be shot for even thinking like that.

RunninHotRacing163.1 12-18-2007 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by fabricator (Post 2376335)
Oooooooooh. You just said the magic word. I wonder what one of those would bring at the recycler????

Holy $****. I should be shot for even thinking like that.

Ya u think those guys would of thought of that ,but looks like monies no object up/down there :cool-smiley-011:

Dude! Sweet! 12-18-2007 04:11 PM

Don't know if it's the same disease, but check out www.carsinbarns.com sometime... Maybe they're "planning on doing something with them someday". HA HA HA!

Oops, looks like someone didn't pay their host bill... try this, similar content. http://mapleleafmopars.homestead.com/carsinbarns1.html

glassdave 12-18-2007 04:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Heres one that was available south of Detroit, brand new never rigged 198? 38 Cougar. I went up to look at it with a friend that was serious about purchasing it, wanted to do a clone of the old Systems boat. Called the owner back a few days after looking at it and i was informed that he was keeping it and rigging it for outboards (wtf?). Than the owner called me back a week or so later and wanted to know if i was still interested with the OB bracket work on it. He cut all the Arneson brackets off and welded on some contraption. I told him he ruined the boat and no thanks. Now i come to find out it has had some more work done to it and has some Iveco :confused: diesels sitting in the bilge . . . . oh . . . . and they want 90K for it :eek::rolleyes: . . . . to bad, it could have been a cool boat.