Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Luxury Motors in Downers Grove, Ill........ >

Luxury Motors in Downers Grove, Ill........

Notices

Luxury Motors in Downers Grove, Ill........

Old 12-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard similar stories however I can only state my experience.

I purchased an 02 Mercedes Benz S500 Sport from them in 2004. I found them very helpful on the phone, their description of the car was very accurate. (I was buying from Michigan and their in IL). Everything was ready for me when I got there to pick up the car. The place is incredibly busy. I'd buy from them again.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Was going to reply when I 1st read this post, but wanted to double check the dealerships name with my brother, which he just responded.

A little over 2 yrs ago he bought a BMW from this very dealership. No trade in. It took him close to a yr to get the title for his car. They alway had an excuse. His bank was on him for the title, but were being very understanding/patient. Every month the dealer just would mail him a paper temp plate so he could drive the car. A big no no here in IN. Assume same in IL. He finally did get the title. During this timeframe, I researched on the net on this dealership and read others with same complaint.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigsaw89
I'm not 100% sure, but isn't the consumer able to return the car within 48 hours of pickup to get a full return minus the document fee?

IN has this same ruling. I know of a couple people that have exercised this option after having a new vehicle a couple days. Buyers remorse. In 1 instance, the buyer just had to pay for the vehicle to be cleaned.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=WildWarrior;2375809]
Exotic dealership in Springfield MO after 3 previous clean deals crashed my Diablo on the way to the detailer, never made it to her new owner.
HEY Warrrior sounds like Motorcars International , Pat Searcy mmmmmmmmm
Old 12-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
IN has this same ruling. I know of a couple people that have exercised this option after having a new vehicle a couple days. Buyers remorse. In 1 instance, the buyer just had to pay for the vehicle to be cleaned.
As i work in the auto biz i hate hearing these stories it really does give the industry a bad name i hope this get worked out for your friend Semper.

As far as the return thing. I can only say how it is in MI. The "spot" delivery that i do are always approved in some manner before a customer signs a contract IE.....computer approval or a "quick credit" sheet checked off if the customer qualifies. I am a firm believer in you signed it you own it mentality. Now in MI if a dealership signs a customer and does NOT have it approved yet and it does not get approved the DEALER IS THE FINANCE COMPANY. That means the customer can legally pay the dealer the payments and the dealer is the lein holder. That is why there is no 48 or 72 hour rule. I have only seen this a couple times that a customer had "buyers remorse" I think the dealer justt gave the customer back there money and parted ways. BTW the transfer of ownership to a customer is ONLY complete WHEN BOTH PARTIES HAVE SIGNED THE APPLICATION FOR TITLE at least in MI
Old 12-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

okay--thanks for the replies everyone. My friend wants to keep the car, but wants them to make it right.......or he will