Notices

Monster marine???

Old 12-20-2007, 08:34 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Offshore I don't quite see it that way. While I understand what you are saying.... I think that any sensible person or business would take what they could from Fred to cover their losses. For example I bet if I had ordered headers and they were never going to come and my credit card was not going to be credited and I had an oportunity to take a bunch of misc. hardware from Fred then I guess I would rather do that then come out with nothing. In this case he took a layout for a web site. I think they are NUTS for using the trick marine URL, not shutting it down and fixing it behing closed doors but that is their decision to make I guess. Maybe they will advertise on OSO to help out with the costs....
Old 12-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TylerCrockett
I am happy with all mine they worked flawless all season Thanks Mike........
Except for your GPS Cake boy
Old 12-20-2007, 10:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Offshore I don't quite see it that way. While I understand what you are saying.... I think that any sensible person or business would take what they could from Fred to cover their losses. For example I bet if I had ordered headers and they were never going to come and my credit card was not going to be credited and I had an oportunity to take a bunch of misc. hardware from Fred then I guess I would rather do that then come out with nothing. In this case he took a layout for a web site. I think they are NUTS for using the trick marine URL, not shutting it down and fixing it behing closed doors but that is their decision to make I guess. Maybe they will advertise on OSO to help out with the costs....
agreed, collecting assets to cover a loss would be fine, and I would congradulate Mike for that, but my post was about enabling in the future.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:21 AM
Registered

When a business goes broke a president of a corporation can't pick who to pay what. It will be settled in bankruptcy court and I would hate to let a judge decide what he thinks Gaffrig has got out of this. He will probably go as far as future sells. Why should Gaffrig receive anything and the others nothing? Very stupid move and I would think there would be no attorney that would recommend this.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Registered

Since Gaffrig already has a web site, I fail to see any benefit they could gain from taking over Trick's, without some other earlier connection that has them over the barrell. Like the guy said "wait and see how it all turns out". Maybe I just don't understand big business.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Lofty
Why change the whole name?

Should have just simplified the name change to Hat Trick Marine.
Hey lets not be slamming the Hockey Fans on the site.

Personally I would have made a formal announcement of the sale/transfer whatever on here and totally change the name so that there are not any references to the old owners.

I've seen it before when a large supplier has taken over a company because it owed them too much money...

Same thing happened in our industry when Grinnell (Tyco) absorbed FireMaster (Master Protection) and they just went away. I'm sure there were a ton of other suppliers who lost money on that deal too.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dwtinc
When a business goes broke a president of a corporation can't pick who to pay what. It will be settled in bankruptcy court and I would hate to let a judge decide what he thinks Gaffrig has got out of this. He will probably go as far as future sells. Why should Gaffrig receive anything and the others nothing? Very stupid move and I would think there would be no attorney that would recommend this.
Ah but did Trick file for bankruptcy and was it granted? If it did that would be the case, but it wouldn't have been finalized in this short of time frame. My guess is they didn't file...

If they didn't it's just like any other deadbeat business who sell's and leaves the all of the creditors and customers holding the bag, that doesn't mean he's not liable for some of the debt but collecting it is another hurdle someone has to endure when the business is sold.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tink that bad how about suburban boatworks now marine max try to rebuit my bravo drive 3 times i had to buy a new one then broke ginbil housing puting hose in for oil drive bottle didn t no till boat sunk good thing the water was 4 feet under boat i lost a lot of money and boating time they change there name so there don t have to fix there misstakes bottom line do you homework before you take you boat to a marina
Old 12-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Registered

they have some nice sterring wheels
Attached Thumbnails Monster marine???-wheel.jpg  
Old 12-30-2007, 08:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP
Everybody calm down please.

I spoke to Mike today and he has absolutely nothing to do with Trick Marine except for taking the site and domain. He is getting all the Trick stuff off the site and just putting his product on there.

He too was involved in the scam by Fred.

Kirk
You are SOOOOO wrong about this. The Trick website has a significant value and is an asset of the company- an insolvent company which technically makes it the property of the creditors. Gaffrig pulled some back-door deal to jump to the head of the line and grab this asset out from under the rest of Trick's creditors.

As far as I'm concerned, the owners of Gaffrig have no charachter or ethics whatsoever. They are stepping on the backs of people who have been knocked down by Fred Cecil.

There's a proper ethical and legal way to do things. Gaffrig chose a shortcut. I hope those that Trick owed don't stand by and let this happen.

I personally will never own a Gaffrig product nor never recommend one. I'll go out of my way to tell this story to anyone who might consider purchasing one of their products.

Quick Reply: Monster marine???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.