Notices

Riser spacer help

Old 12-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Riser spacer help

Anyone know were I can get exhaust riser spacers, and if so do they come in different sizes? I have to go with spacers due to my twins are too tight to install performance exhaust systems, I was working with Trick, bad news their, also I tried stainless marine, nothing they could do to help, and I tried a set of EMI thunder, everything is too tight, do to my 30” prop shaft to prop shaft measurements, problem I thought was reversion, however after checking the cam card, and only having a small cam, 220 duration, I now feel that I don’t have enough rise in my risers, water in the motor is not my friend, last season I had to rebuild the top end twice, so I think that it might be the best thing to do over the winter, any suggestions would be great.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are talking about spacers between your cast iron exhaust manifold and top cast iron elbow, then I had the same system in a 1987 Sea Ray Pachanga. They did make different heights (2", 4", 6", etc.). I purchased all mine from Palmer Power in Houston 713-644-6410. I will say though, that I lost a few engines when I tried to make the manifold system last longer that I should. Gasket surfaces would warp, I would add sealant, leak would eventually occur, and no more motor.