Old 01-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

Im heading down Sunday.......
Old 01-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the Vancouver show, any one going to that.

we bring as much performance stuff as we can, but do to the space available they only allow us a 20x 15 booth, and still on the waiting list for the Toronto show.

http://www.marinetoys.ca
Old 01-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

im gunna go saturday. will probably be really busy though.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

so i went today, the show wasent as busy as i expected so that was nice. as for performance boats, not much there, saw a 27 formula, an mti, and a 30 baja. talked to some lady at the tuff booth, she was really friendly and took the time to talk to me for a couple minutes, if she reads this, rock on! i must say, i saw the tuff boats online and they looked cool, but in person they were friggin awesome looking. saw a yamaha 350 for the first time, the thing was friggin massive, im almost 6'2 and it towered over me. i was not very impressed with the whole performance boat aspect of the show, only saw one fountain and it was a sport cruiser. well, atleast there were some hot broads there! i got some pictures i will post when i get a chance.

cheers,
josh
Old 01-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Registered

The performance sector at the boat show was extremely weak this year. The Tuff display was great and yes, the 22 i/o up close looks amazing. Kinda hoping for more being it was the 50th anniversary.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Registered

Yeah show was disappointing. I liked the Tuff 28 as well, very nice boat for sure. Other than that, the show was disappointing. There was a Donzi 27ZR there, and Jim earle had his signature purple/yellow fleet out there, but it was smaller than last year.

I don't know, it seemed that the boat industry was definitely soft - a ton of little runabouts, but not much else.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like NOT going is worthwhile
Old 01-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Glad I didn't go and waste good money for nothing, it was just like I suspect it would be. It's a shame because when you look at the money they are losing, I believe it is a substantial amount. Rooms, food , beverage, etc. and the possible loss of boat sales, your talking a lot of money. The blame goes to the promoters of the show for not insuring that the Performance boat section is well represented and every Performance Boat Manufacture that wants you to buy their boats but don't want to spend the time and money to show them. I hope Tuff get's some business from their display and they deserve to not only for their boats but their efforts. I'll see how the Detroit Cobo Hall Boat show will be this year. In the past it has been a disappointment in the Performance boat section just like the Toronto Boat Show.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:02 PM

To busy at the shop to get away. Any pics? What MTI does Jim have?

See ya on the water in the summer!
Old 01-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ToTheMax
The performance sector at the boat show was extremely weak this year.
Go to Montreal boat show ...a 43 Sunsation a 32 SSr and 28 are going to be there

Quick Reply: Toronto International Boat Show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.