Notices

Gas prices

Old 01-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercury_Challenger
We had a decent 2007 as far as boating went, but when gas got close to the $4 a gallon range we all tied up and did the big party......$10 for a 12 PK of brew, or $150 worth of fuel....it was a no brainer for us and normally getting the boat out is fun, even if we just go out a bit and tie up with 4 or 5 others, its the party/friendships that counts.
Definitely much more rafing up this past summer for me too.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Registered

guys how do you think wee feel ov er here in ireland gas/petrol is £6 a gallon witch is about $12 in your money
thats why we go diesel but even at that agricultural diesel costs us £4 -$8
Old 01-12-2008, 09:48 AM

I look at the classisifeds daily, & it definetly has a trend of of more & more "bigger" boats that come up for sale, compared to the under 30 singles.....I wonder if this is an indication that folks are tired of paying the fuel prices, both for the boat, & the hauler (if one is used).....just to be able to enjoy the sport.....& stepping down to smaller boats...Hence, the lack of smaller singles available for sale.
I compare to this time last year, I had seen more smaller boats for sale, now the "new listings" seem to be "mostly" larger boats.....Just an observation
Especially when it looks like I've adjusted my boat search to mainly smaller singles, & there just isn't much to pick from....in my price range that is....
Again, just an observation....
Old 01-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

There's definitely a surplus of big-power, twin engines on the market. I think gas prices have a lot to do with it, but, just like in the housing market, a lot of people overextended themselves upon purchasing their new toys.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercury_Challenger
We had a decent 2007 as far as boating went, but when gas got close to the $4 a gallon range we all tied up and did the big party......$10 for a 12 PK of brew, or $150 worth of fuel....it was a no brainer for us and normally getting the boat out is fun, even if we just go out a bit and tie up with 4 or 5 others, its the party/friendships that counts.
True that, luckily where we boat the place everybody rafts off is only like a mile or two from my dock. I suppose if i really had to take it down to the minimum i could probably get off pretty cheap, just would hafta limit the long runs. (I will bust my ass to make sure it doesn't come to that though)

I dont NEED electricity at my house. I dont NEED health insurance. I dont NEED three square meals a day. I dont NEED my IRA . . . . . I do need to go boating though, for gods sake i do have priorities. . . . heck i can ride my bicycle to the marina its only 23 miles
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-12-2008, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave
I dont NEED electricity at my house. I dont NEED health insurance. I dont NEED three square meals a day. I dont NEED my IRA . . . . . I do need to go boating though, for gods sake i do have priorities. . . . heck i can ride my bicycle to the marina its only 23 miles
Wow...Those are great tips, I've not thought of those....Ok, maybe I need to recrunch the numbers using those tips....oh, the wife is going to be soooooo happy.....We can swing the bigger boat, we just need to make just a few sacrifices.....
Old 01-12-2008, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Gunrunner72
There's definitely a surplus of big-power, twin engines on the market. I think gas prices have a lot to do with it, but, just like in the housing market, a lot of people overextended themselves upon purchasing their new toys.
Good point.....A big part of a "chain reaction".....I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel....
Hell I forgot.....Hilliary will get this mess straightened out....just as soon as her & Bill are back in the "Big House"....

Off topic....I see you have an 02 Sunsation, how's that boat run? I'm considering a 2000 28 Intimidator with HP500 for power, looks like a real clean boat....
Old 01-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lt for Life
I filled up at Wawa last summer. I was bone dry 72 gallons had to reset the bump 3 times. The dumb azz clerk came out and said that because I was taking up to spots I had to leave. That sorry employee cost the owner a lot of money. I have to drive pass that Wawa every time I put my boat in the water.But now I drive an extra 10min out of the way to go to another station that is O'so happy to take my money

Lt.
If they told me to leave I would never be back either.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Registered

i'm sure when we get our new one we will be doing alot more rafting and staying on the dock, nothing wrong with that don't have to worry about getting a DD
Old 01-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Registered

Just a little shout from Denmark.

The gas has been $7 a gallon for years and is right now at $8....

But again gas is just a small part of boating!

Quick Reply: Gas prices

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.