Notices

NXT Drives / Trannies

Old 01-13-2008, 05:07 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
I had heard that the Bravo to NXT required some changes. I thought the transom cut out was different at a minimum. Do you know anyone that has tried the conversion that could comment on it?
The cut out would have to be bigger b/c the compact NXT trans goes in it and into the extension box.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
The cut out would have to be bigger b/c the compact NXT trans goes in it and into the extension box.
I thought so - thanks.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shogren
If you would like to call and discuss I would be more than happy to share info with you. On Fountains we run NXT transom assembly with 6 drive upper and lowers. When you go from Bravo to SSM6 or NXT the new weak link in your boat will be trans and not drive anymore. Both NXT drive and 6are great products.

Regards,

Scott Shogren
847-336-9037

www.chicagofountain.com
Scott, I'm going to try out a two speed transmission on my 46 Skater that's supposed to hold up to big power abuse. I could not get any other transmission to hold up and went with shiftable crash boxes. They are working fine but it would be great if these transmissions hold up and provide a new option for people who smoke transmisiones all the time and have to go with crash boxes. Sorry its off the NXT subject but wanted to get the word out to the right crowd. I'll keep you guys up to date on our testing. If all work well they should be available for other boats this summer. Thanks, Jim Lee 316-648-2414.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
Scott, I'm going to try out a two speed transmission on my 46 Skater that's supposed to hold up to big power abuse. I could not get any other transmission to hold up and went with shiftable crash boxes. They are working fine but it would be great if these transmissions hold up and provide a new option for people who smoke transmisiones all the time and have to go with crash boxes. Sorry its off the NXT subject but wanted to get the word out to the right crowd. I'll keep you guys up to date on our testing. If all work well they should be available for other boats this summer. Thanks, Jim Lee 316-648-2414.
If the SCS shiftable's are working, why switch back to a tranny? Other than cost,.........seems you have the best already??

Thanks
Jon
Old 01-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nxt vs 6's

We have one of the first built 38 lightnings with nxt's The boat ran great all the way up to 114mph. We were very impressed with the speed. Fountain replaced the nxt's with sixes and The boat runs the same speed only with greater stability. The price difference from merc is 30k more for the dry sump nxt/ssm6 package over the dry sump nxt package per motor. Most manufactures get a huge break if they order alot of them like fountain and mti do.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by cougarman
If the SCS shiftable's are working, why switch back to a tranny? Other than cost,.........seems you have the best already??

Thanks
Jon

SCBs are the only currant option I know of that won't break. I'm trying to come up with an option that will fit where an existing BAM fits and handles the abuse my boat or similar boats can put on a transmission. 13000 pounds, 1200hp, lots of torque and driven hard and proven to smoke at least 8ea. transmissions in a couple of years. If the new transmissions work it will be a lighter less expensive option to go with than SCBs and be easier to operate in tight spots. Plus the two speed option might come in handy and they will be easier to install than SCBs. If they prove to be successful like they're supposed to do I will sell them to other boaters. If they don't I'll throw them into the bad investment pile. I'll keep everybody up to date on the progress.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

30 hours on my nxt's, running in a 36 nortech supercat. no problems. feels stable 120-125mph. don't really see a need for 6's but it would probably feel glued to the water if it had em.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Best Of Luck

Good luck with your two speed trans.

Regards,

Team Shogren

www.chicagofountain.com
Old 01-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by shogren
Good luck with your two speed trans.

Regards,

Team Shogren

www.chicagofountain.com
Thanks!! I know you run boats that can use these things. I'll let you know how they work out.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

With regards to the NXT extension box, what transmission are they running in there? Could you put a Bam trans in there and run a #6 off the back that way no trans is in the engine compartment?
-Tom

Quick Reply: NXT Drives / Trannies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.