Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
From Bravo to Arneson on a Cat-Who's done it? >

From Bravo to Arneson on a Cat-Who's done it?

Notices

From Bravo to Arneson on a Cat-Who's done it?

Old 01-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

I have not done a conversion but rigged the initial boat with Arnesons. I like the drives and they work exceptionally well on a cat. A lot of cats are going with the Arneson and BPM drives. I have the ASD 7M for weight on the 32 and HP. The boat turns extremely hard, has absolutely no porpoise and planes instantly. The boat can plane at 1900 RPMs and can stay on plane at 1500 RPMs moving very slow. What is cool is the boat can stay on plane at such a slow speed it makes no wake. The boat is extremely fun to drive and very predictable. It can make a huge rooster tail if you want. The Rocker plates change the bottom by 1/2 inch and may also be responsible for taking away the propoise.

Here is a pic of another boat with the same set up with rokcer plates etc. You can see the bottom.
Attached Thumbnails From Bravo to Arneson on a Cat-Who's done it?-skater-trailer-rocker-arneson.jpg  
Old 01-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

My boat and Pics of install:
Attached Thumbnails From Bravo to Arneson on a Cat-Who's done it?-arneson-drive-template.jpg   From Bravo to Arneson on a Cat-Who's done it?-arneson-drive-shaft.jpg   From Bravo to Arneson on a Cat-Who's done it?-rocker-plate.jpg  

Old 01-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone have a good cost estimate when all factors are added up, including the transmissions for the 800 hp rated ?