chesapeake bay area oso'ers >

chesapeake bay area oso'ers

Notices

chesapeake bay area oso'ers

Old 01-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chesapeake bay area oso'ers

I have never been boating there. i am planning a trip, weekend after mem. day, were should i stay $ and not break the bank and were should i go. The powerboat issue with the top 10 in it gave me the urge! what are some of the good and the bad with the area? looking at staying at great oak landing.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

What part of the Chesbay? Upper/northern around Annapolis, or lower in the Hampton Roads area including Va. Beach & Norfolk?
Old 01-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Registered

by rock hall, chester town, looks like it is off of 298. looks like it would be what would say is upper bay area across from baltimore.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Registered

See if you can get some charts up front to study before you go.Lots of water but not all of it is usable there are shallow spots of course it has channel markers. You need to go into the Balt. harbor and try to stay there a night if you can. Great sea on the bay. You really need a week to play
Old 01-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Registered

planning on going from wed 2 wed. is navig. a big concern? I boat on small lake in il. but have boated superior, the aposel islands several times. are nav. bouys well marked?
Old 01-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a lot of nice places in that area of the Chesapeake. Grew up boating there. Been to Great Oaks many times as a kid. Nice place but no a whole lot to do.

However, you're an hour or so ride from Baltimore inner harbour, Annapolis, and St. Michaels.

Annapolis and St. Michaels are definitely worth the trip. Annapolis has a lot of nice shops and beautiful scenery, along with the Naval Academy. St. Michaels is a quaint little town and again has a lot of nice shops. Also has the lighthouse museum. We used to go to Carpenter Street Saloon for there prime rib special, puts Outback to shame.

You can also hit Red Eye's dock bar on Sunday for the bikini contests in Kent Narrows.

Definitely get a chart of the area, so you'll know where to go.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Registered

ok will do, how far is kent narrows, i saw some stuff about red eyes, thought it was @ great oaks? were is the best place to get a good chart from? an hour running how fast to baltimore? is there a better place to stay than great oaks that puts us closer to the action? and were is a good place for tie, ups?
Old 01-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Registered

Great Oaks is about in the middle of anywhere you would want to go on the upper bay, It is however (By Land) in the middle of no where! How are you getting here? I have been boating here all my life, Please feel free to contact me when you come. Call or e-mail 302-368-2860 [email protected]
Old 01-14-2008, 05:42 PM
scarab
Gold Member

Red eyes is at kent narrows and jelly fish joels is at great oaks both are a good place to go baltimore is about 20 min from great oaks at 50 mph . St Michaels is a good place to go too kent island would be a good central spot you would be about 20 min to st michaels great oaks and baltimore and about 30 min to annapolis you can pm me or call if you have any questions 410-924-3501 Tim Richardson
Old 01-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

I heard a rumor that RED EYE'S was closing. Something about building condos...any truth?

Quick Reply: chesapeake bay area oso'ers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.