boat accident / need lawyer or advice

Notices

boat accident / need lawyer or advice

Old 01-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
admitted this under oath at the criminal hearings . also sid that the reason there were no lights was because people dont want to be seen ! well that sure happend , the owner also admitted to no horn on the boat , because no one wants to hear you , the guy a little slow ans i feel for him , but im trying to recoup dammages , ect . not trying to get rich they offerd less than doctor bills . 4 people involved two nearly drown . went down in 45degree water sat for 30 minutes before the pontoon even cam back to help us ! this is the truth !! every part
Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
boat sunk in 40 ft at 11at nifght total loss estimated at 60 k injuries yes and no im not just another guy trying to get a free ticket . i was sober and was my family .And to tell you the truth i really dont need any more negativity on this . especially from a fellow osoer , i thought this was a little community of fellow boaters , not someone always trying to jab on someone get real dude .
Damn! You have a major case on your hands and they know it.
Get yourself a decent lawyer, and go after them. This should be a slam dunk for a good attorney.

Check your PM, I have some info for you.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I agree with sunkin, no reason for you to pay and have the stain on your record. Besides if you file the claim and they go after the other party, just how hard will they try. I mean if they've got your deductible and your paying the premiums then what do they have to gain? Its a conflict of interest.
The insurance company gains by getting the money back. They don't want to pay out just because they are getting premiums. The insurance co. goes after the people at fault and gets the money back, as well as the deductible money.

I'm not saying that's the right way to proceed, but it is an option.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is your lawyer waiting for your doctors to cut you loose by any chance? In VA you have two years and until your doctors say your either finished recourporating or permentally disabled you end up waiting for two years, happend to me Dec 15 2005 rear ended still havent settled even after the surgeon said the rear impact has ruined me for life.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

insurance is friken joke, im so fed up with this whole ordeal i see no light at the end of the tunnel thanks guys , and remember take it real easy at night because thers alot of assanine people out there that just dont care , who would of thought a 25 foot pontoon right in the middle of the lake with no lights ,horn , nothing , som *****es never even turned away took the pasager side of the boat out from middle of winshield back boat went down in less than a minute , didnt even have time to get a life preserver on , thank god the boat rested on bottom with about 2 feet of the bow sticking out for the four of us to try to hold on to . we were very lucky .as was the 11 drunks on the pontoon . we all were spared that night , ill post some pics ive got of the boat >
Old 01-16-2008, 06:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
contact DHLAW on this site, Brett Hartley in Daytona Beach. He is a boat owner and attorney for lollipops in daytona. He can steer you in the right direction. 386-257-0790 or 386-426-8113 or 386-547-8731
Thanks El Jeffe!!! Seriously, ,call my office and I will give you any help I can.

Brett
Old 01-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Registered

thanks ill call , got several referalls , ill see what the pros have to say .
Old 02-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Registered

thanks rob
Old 02-13-2008, 04:10 PM

Rob ,

you need another Lawyer, keep this post up, a very similar situation happened before. The insurance will sandbag it is in their best intrest to. Saddly you may need to file a claim for 1 million before they take you seriously. You handeled this very well. At least they came back or you may have never knew who it was??????
Old 02-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Typical insurance companies. It has been three years since a person rear ended me, injuring my neck, which I had to pay medical costs out of my own pocket, and I am still waiting for the arbitration hearing. Insurance company representatives are some of the most dishonest people I have ever met. I don't how they live with themselves.

Michael

Last edited by Michael1; 02-13-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Rob ,

you need another Lawyer, keep this post up, a very similar situation happened before. The insurance will sandbag it is in their best intrest to. Saddly you may need to file a claim for 1 million before they take you seriously. You handeled this very well. At least they came back or you may have never knew who it was??????
it was a rentall boat and there boat had some mjor dammage . they had no choice , if it wasnt a rental i believe they would have left !!

Quick Reply: boat accident / need lawyer or advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.