Notices

32' Fountain Fever

Old 01-14-2002, 02:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post 32' Fountain Fever

One of my clients is looking to move into a 98 32'Fever with twin 502's. Origonally he wanted a mid 90's 35'Cafe. Let me here the pro's and Con's ofeachfrom the owners. Thanks for the feedback.
Matthew DeLisio
Coastal Marine
Old 01-14-2002, 03:33 AM
BACK 4 MORE

The 32 will be alot quicker.
Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: BACK 4 MORE ]

Old 01-14-2002, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My friends have both boats, one has a 99 32 fountian with the 502 mags and bravo's. and another has a 87 cafe racer 35 cigarette, 540's ssm3a's Hands, down cigarette, the cockpit has room where as the fountian is really cramped in comparison to the fountian, The cabin same story, the rough water driveability is no comparison at all, hands down cigarette all the way, as far as what gets more looks, cigarette again as fountians are really overpopulated in this area, And both boats run about the same speeds, unless there are waves, then the cigarette keeps the speed and the fountian has to slow down to keep from major launches off the waves thet the cigarette blasts thru. They are both great boats, but having spent alot of time on both, I'd take the cig hands down, but an older cig will probably cost ALOT more than a newer fountian.
Old 01-14-2002, 11:53 AM
Registered

Rob,
Thats what we are running into. I have found a few quality 35' Cig's but they all run between 85-105K. These are mid 1990'boats. I have driven both Cigarette and Fountain in the rough and have come to my own conclusions. As a sales person for both boats I try to give all the information on both boats and let the customer decide. Ill point him to OSO before buying and have him read the repleys. This way he has a first hand account of what he is getting into. Thanks again for all of the input.

Matthew W. DeLisio
Coastal Marine
Old 01-14-2002, 11:56 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I like my 32' Fountain with 502's, happy with the boat.

Your client probably needs to assess their boating style.

The Fountain has smaller cabin, but will be faster with same power. Stepped hull also.

If you'r always in big water and spending lots of nights on the boat, I'd go with the Cigarette. Your speed will be a concern. If it is no big deal, fine, but if it is, you'll have to balance the reliability vs. speed vs. cost issues. You can go as fast as you want in the Cigarette, as long as your budget allows, and you don't mind being towed in

If you are on flatter water, never overnight and want reliable speed, I'd buy the Fountain.

In my experience, we spend a lot of nights on ours, but compared to a 27 Baja, we have more room than we did, so we're okay..for now. But, if the water gets much above 3-4', we'd rather stay at the docks (ie, 5-6 footers on Lake MI, and long trips in a group of boats get put off usually). I might run around for a while and play, but it takes 30 minutes to go anywhere on Lake MI, so it's just not fun for my wife and for others in our boating group. I could have a 41' Apache and still stay at the docks. Problem with big water is, not matter how great your boat handles it moving, none of them do worth a crap when you stop and anchor Just stating this because sometimes you don't need a 42' rough water wave smasher if you either don't get into that type of water, or wouldn't utilize what you have.

Resale will be good with both, with he edge to the Cigarette probably, but it depends on so many things. That's when big power can hurt you. I'd rather buy a stock 502 boat than one with built motors, unless you know who did the work.

It's a great decision to have to make, though. Both are great boats. Good luck to your client.

Mark

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: 32fever ]
Old 01-14-2002, 11:58 AM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

What a great idea for a boat salesman. Instant references and advice for buyers.

Hawaii no ka 'oi
Old 01-14-2002, 12:03 PM
Registered

Yeah, I'm sorry Mark, I didn't mention the speeds were similar between the fountian's stock, reliable 415hp 502mag EFI's vs. occasionally popping lifters, bending pushrods, blowing transmissions, ect... 600hp 540's in the Cig. The exact reason my 502 mags are still stock.

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: advantage_ROB ]
Old 01-14-2002, 12:09 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Oh, and if your client does read this, and they want to email me with specifics on the 32 Fountain, feel free to do so. It might be a day or so for me to reply as that is my home email, but I will answer what I can.

PS...I just saw a 98 I think Fountain with 502 whippled and they say 96 gps. Man oh man does that get me thinking.

What was that you said about reliablity Rob? LOL! I like mine cause they are so reliable, but 96......hmmmmmmm.......
Old 01-14-2002, 12:19 PM
Registered

I know, I know, I've got that bug too, but that's a whole new story...
Old 01-14-2002, 12:19 PM
Registered

Niuhi, This site actually does serve as a great tool for the trade. I have been able to supply clients with first hand accouts of how a boat will perform in many conditions. I can call the factory and get a sales pitch myself or post a question and get real answers. I have learned not to do the "Which is a better boat" mistake. It makes the forum less of a tool and more of a mud throwing contest. We are lucky we have a place like this to go to for advice and feedback. Jeff has done many in the industry a service with this page. It also helps us keep up on Nickslick endless search for a sence of humor and Audeofn's Relationship extravaganza. Thank you again to all who gave feedback.
Matthew W.DeLisio
Coastal Marine

Quick Reply: 32' Fountain Fever

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.