Notices

Lake Havasu Questions

Old 01-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Did you have to use a shoe horn to get Hammertime in the dock??
Nope, just a little grease from the 200 In and Out burgers we ate during the trip I miss those burgers
Old 01-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Nautical inn is the only lodging where you can beach your boat, and not worry about pulling it out of the water every night. the Bayview and Parlor Suite rooms are about a '3" on a scale of 1-10.

The Beach Suite rooms at The Nautical are newer, and worth the extra money. The only downside it that if you beach your boat in the cove, you can't see it from your room, and have a 2 minute walk to get to it. no biggie.

Beach boat spaces are first-come, first served (can't reserve except during Desert Storm), but usually not too big of a deal if you get your boat back to the beach in the early evening.

The Nautical ramp is small and a little tricky, but we haven't had issues lanching 40' boats there when the water is up. Trailer parking at the Nautical is a big dirt lot, but lots of room.

The London Bridge Resort and Queens Bay Condos have nicer rooms, and are right next to the bridge. They do not have a beach, but some overnight slips. The overnight slips are not really made for big boats, so you'll need to end-tie. End-ties are not always available, so it could be hit and miss whether you'll have to trailer your boat at night.

Trailer parking at the LBR and Queens Bay for larger boats is not good.

No boat ramp at LBR or Queens Bay- you'll need to use the public ramps, which can be a pain when busy (not real "big boat friendly"). The only public ramp that is 'big boat friendly" (Havasu Marina) doesn't allow boats over 30'...go figure.

Widsor Beach is the main public ramp. Cat Tail Cove is a 15 minute drive, but has a similar ramp. Windsor has a "large trailer" dirt lot, and can be a little tricky to get around, but we don't have issues with boats under 40'.

There are now condos being rented on the other side of the channel, but they are hit-n-miss.

When is your timing?

Last edited by Havasu Hangin; 01-21-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:03 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Thanks again to everyone for all of the information. Tentatively planning to visit sometime in May. Read where the London Bridge Resort has some nice suites but must keep the boat in the water so it looks more like the Nautical Inn may be the lodging choice by default.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

That is a funny pic Hammertime in that little slip! LOL
Old 01-21-2008, 05:15 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

We recently visited Havasu. I didnt have my boat with me, but we stayed at the Agave Inn, adjacent to the London Bridge. Nice place, I would recommend it. Dont know if they have accomodations for boats though.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
We stayed at the London Bridge Resort. The rooms were decent, but I hope you bring one of the smaller boats or get a better slip than we did.
Sorry to laugh, but that is a funny shot.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Registered

We are bringing the 51, the promised us the end of the dock,
they also said we could launch it next door. Should I have any concerns?
Old 01-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KiloKat
Thanks again to everyone for all of the information. Tentatively planning to visit sometime in May. Read where the London Bridge Resort has some nice suites but must keep the boat in the water so it looks more like the Nautical Inn may be the lodging choice by default.
London Bridge or Nautical will do whatever needs to happen for you Dave, I can hook you up with Todd from Jokers Wild, he makes stuff happen quick.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Here's what you can expect from both spots. You rally shouldnt have to worry about getting an end slip on a weekend during May. It's really during the poker run that EVERYTHING is full.

Beaches at The Nautical...

The first two are of "the cove" in the pic of 'Gone Again' you can kind've see the long beach on the other side of the cove.
Attached Thumbnails Lake Havasu Questions-ds02.jpg   Lake Havasu Questions-ds072.jpg   Lake Havasu Questions-ds073.jpg  

Old 01-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Here's some pics of the London Bridge docks. Like I said, it's not realy difficult to insure one of the approx. 10 or so end docks at the london bridge.

The pic of our boat is while tied up at the end tie with Tom Abrahams 45 Cig and The Strenght/Honor 46' Cig. The end slips will handle big boats (though you kinda block off the entrance to the slips but there's two end slips that you would've block off. I'm sure with all the "bud select" stuff (i.e. pop up, banners, flyers, etc etc) it would be easy to "block off" a particular slip.
Attached Thumbnails Lake Havasu Questions-ds074.jpg   Lake Havasu Questions-ds032.jpg   Lake Havasu Questions-ds03.jpg  

Quick Reply: Lake Havasu Questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.