Notices

Internet brands buys offshoreonly????

Old 01-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up OSO Steve...

A big congradulations on the sale Steve! And thank-you for bringing OSO to the forefront & everything you do. Gar
Old 01-24-2008, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No matter what happens to OSO, I feel that I have a freind for life in Steve and have many other good friends that I would have never met if it wasnt for this great site.

Best of luck with your desicion Steve. Now lets sit back and ENJOY some boating and poker runs and a few afternoons at Shooters or maybe a trip up north snowmobiling

Your effort that went into OSO have definatly altered my life in a great way and I thank you for that

Bob
Old 01-24-2008, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Congrats Steve. You took something that was nothing and cultivated into the coolest board around. This is your liquidity event ( I hope they treated you well) and you earned it.

Hopefully you can spend more time boating and hanging out with your family and friends.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:31 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by otis311
No matter what happens to OSO, I feel that I have a freind for life in Steve and have many other good friends that I would have never met if it wasnt for this great site.

Best of luck with your desicion Steve. Now lets sit back and ENJOY some boating and poker runs and a few afternoons at Shooters or maybe a trip up north snowmobiling

Your effort that went into OSO have definatly altered my life in a great way and I thank you for that

Bob
Bob you wrote exactly what I was thinking.... I was trying to figure out what to say, Steve and the OSO family had been a big part of my life.... I too have gained many many friends from this site....

and yes us mods are still the same - for now....
Old 01-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Thanks for watching our backs, that's one of the things we'll really miss.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Steve, thanks for putting in all the time and effort when you really didn't need to. Hopefully this has been a windfall for you and you will now hang out with us for the fun, and not the "marketing opportunity". This site will be hard for the new owners to understand, because a huge part of it's success occurs because of what happens off the site, in the "REAL WORLD". I have never seen another website where so many of the participants have met each other and shared actual face time. I have some great friends and a HUGE amount of acquaintances I have met through this board. This will be the ticket to the sites continiued success. If the new owners understand that the external activities have to be nurtured and supported, they will prosper as Steve has, if not, something else may take it's place.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sill kinda a newbie on the forum here, but been in boating all of my life, even when in diapers with the family. I have looked at about every forum out there for boating and none of them really fill the gap except for this site. Lots of knowledge here, lots of good people as well. Tons and tons of help, tech stuff, and no real jerks here either. The attitude of most folks here is really well as well.......hell, we talk about everything from cars to life in general as well as boating. Boating is what bought us all here, but we can usually talk about anything, more like a community than a boating forum. Heck, if I want to know something I can always pick up a service manual and study it.........but here you can find out first hand experiences and all, that makes it a worth wild as well. Valuable member list is what I guess I mean..........Rob

I didn't know Steve and the staff....but thanks for what you did in the past.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Registered

I remember when I found this site when I was still in school. Hell almost 5 years later and I'll still addicted.

I've only been to a few OSO parties and don't post all the time, but the information I have gained from this website about the sport and the people I have met is priceless!

Thanks Steve!

David
Old 01-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lofty
Here's your chance to get paid to be on OSO all day.
Originally Posted by ThruHull
that mark guy from maryland would be rich wouldn't he!

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
I believe it had a direct correlation to the influx of a different type of member. We all know the obvious ones...
Old 01-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Registered

Thanks for helping all of us be more knowledgeable about the sport we love in some shape or fashion Steve. I personally have met new friends from all over the country while travelling and or boating and it can be contributed to this site and the hard work that goes behind the scenes. It was a pleasure meeting Steve in LOTO and I appreciated several of the other parties that he helped to organize so that we could continue to build the camaraderie that exists(except for sbrt LOL) on this site. It has knowingly been a tough few years for Steve with family illnesses and tragedies and I am sure that this has helped him realize that sometimes you have to take a step back and smell the roses. Good luck in all future endeavors Steve and look forward to seeing you at a poker run soon. TH

Last edited by hammer01; 01-24-2008 at 10:03 AM. Reason: sp

Quick Reply: Internet brands buys offshoreonly????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.