Notices

Something to think about

Old 01-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan ,

I feel for you from a personal expirience about 15 years ago.
A dirt bag ex-friend crashed my car and his equally dirt bag buddy got hurt, not wearing a seat belt(s).

I had to do all types of creative protection of my assets and thank god State Farm handled it in a top notch manor.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Geez - I think I'm becoming glad I'm such a dickhead that I don't have any friends.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't have insurance the other person would be lucky to even find a lawyer to take their case.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

in the summer i always sit at the public beach with friends picking up girls. i dont mind giving them a ride, but never will i take them tubing or skiing. two summers ago i messed up my sholder real bad water skiing and had to have surgery, that meant a year without water skiing and snwoboarding. considering teaching snowboarding is pretty much my only form of income in the winter, im thankful im only in university and my parents support me. i could only imagine how bad it would be if somebody got hurt under my supervision and couldnt work for a year, or worse the rest of their life.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Is that the car in this incident?
Yep that is it.

And yes i know that it could have been much worse, the Drivers compartment held up fine even though it doesnt look like it in the pic since the parts are all piled up on the seats.
He broke his leg and rib. His doctor said that leg was healing fine (two pins) but will take time to heal.

But the same thing can happen with a accident in a boat.

So be careful out there.