Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   It's Been 5 Years Since My Accident (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/179172-its-been-5-years-since-my-accident.html)

THEJOKER 02-06-2008 08:44 AM

Mike:

You are by far one of the toughest dudes I have ever met. One thing that I've always admired about you is your attitude about life. Friends for life bud! Brian

THEJOKER 02-06-2008 08:47 AM

Mike show off that bad azz bionic leg!

DRIVEN1 02-06-2008 08:51 AM

Mike, you are an inspiration to us all. Dylan still talks about the man with the bionic leg that was on our boat. Thinking about what you have been thru, it really makes me rethink my priorities in life and what is really important. Heather tells me this daily when she gets home from the Hospital and tells me about the patients she saw that day. Sooner or later I am going to get out to the track with you. I will be at the Miami show on Friday, so maybe I will see you then. Mike

FeverMike 02-06-2008 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Michael1 (Post 2434766)
Mike,

I wasn't on the forum in 2003, but I did appreciate hearing your story. Sometimes a good dose of reality as told in your story really brings things back into perspective.

Best wishes,

Michael

Awesome, that was my whole idea about my post. Hopefully someone will learn from what happened to me.

FeverMike 02-06-2008 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by CigDaze (Post 2434895)
All the very best to you Mike and Lisa. Wow, 5 years, how time flies.
:)

Yep Nick, time flies and life goes on with or with out ya...I choose to still be a part of it. Hope to see you guys soon!

FeverMike 02-06-2008 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by dirtlawyer (Post 2434937)
Mike - we are all glad your are still with us and your recovery has been amazing.

Need to get together with you and Lisa soon.

Where have you been? How's Nancy? Let's meet for dinner or come over to the house and go boating sometime soon!

FeverMike 02-06-2008 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER (Post 2434982)
Mike show off that bad azz bionic leg!

Yeah! I just got a new carbon fiber socket and a new C-Leg that comes with a key fob for some different programming. I will try to post a picture tonight when I get back home.

FeverMike 02-06-2008 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1 (Post 2434987)
Mike, you are an inspiration to us all. Dylan still talks about the man with the bionic leg that was on our boat. Thinking about what you have been thru, it really makes me rethink my priorities in life and what is really important. Heather tells me this daily when she gets home from the Hospital and tells me about the patients she saw that day. Sooner or later I am going to get out to the track with you. I will be at the Miami show on Friday, so maybe I will see you then. Mike

I will be at the show on Friday. How's the new house? I gotta see it! Tell Dylan HI!

see ya! Mike

lucky strike 02-06-2008 09:25 AM

Hey Mike...Long time no see...... Sounds like all is well. Say hi to Lisa for us. Mabe we'll hook up again at a poker run some day.

Steve, Meta, Bobby & Jason

jayboat 02-06-2008 09:33 AM

Best wishes to you, Mike. Your story is inspirational.